Athiest are bullies

Israel

BANNED
To touch patriotism is to touch a great idol, to see its earthy roots and growth formidable, to perceive the glory it boasts in the surpassing Glory is given through Christ.

Once, when visiting brothers near Brisbane there was much talk of the visiting American brothers. When endeavoring to rightly present that we were brothers from America and that these assumed primary labels must take their proper place; no longer esteeming ourselves differentiated by places of natural occupation (for these are merely earthy and always subject to change) I was rebuffed.

Soulish identifications run deep.

"That's easy for you to say" said one younger brother, "you are not Australian". National pride...is pride, nonetheless.

red neck richie

Interesting. That is exactly the mindset of a Muslim jihadist, also.

So now you are comparing God Loving, American loving, Christians that built this country to the greatest in the world to jihadist? I use to respect your opinion on this topic. But what ever you choose to believe I don't want you dead or beheaded for public display because of your beliefs. Btw you know the mindset of muslim jihadist? I thought you were raised by a preacher?

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
So now you are comparing God Loving, American loving, Christians that built this country to the greatest in the world to jihadist? I use to respect your opinion on this topic. But what ever you choose to believe I don't want you dead or beheaded for public display because of your beliefs. Btw you know the mindset of muslim jihadist? I thought you were raised by a preacher?
I think your interpretation is a bit off.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Comparing American Christians to muslim jihadist? How so?:pop:

He was comparing replies by ONE person.

I sometimes raid the camp of zero and they don't even know it.

BTW, I do not think that Christians love their country along with their God.

Until it isn't.

I am the handsome non-Christian in the picture. Even then, I found it a bit odd that we would pledge allegiance to the flag and sing the Star Spangled Banner. Then we would pledge allegiance to the Christian flag and sing Onward Christian Soldiers.

The non-Christian fits right in, when the major is patriotism and the minor is Jesus. :D

WaltL1

Be honest.... do you actually think anybody in here would compare an American Christian with a Muslim jihadist??

Those dudes are serious about their religion! :D

Israel

BANNED
Be honest.... do you actually think anybody in here would compare an American Christian with a Muslim jihadist??

Those dudes are serious about their religion! :D

That's interesting. I am willing to be disabused of this notion if it's false, but I am inclined to believe the jihadist does not have any particular bond/tie to a nation.
Their ideals (such as they are) supersede all else.

(And finally...someone has decided):

https://news.dailytoast.com/quizzes...quiz&utm_content=feed&ua_id=23842727936030546

Last edited:

oldfella1962

If we continue to adapt, we will no longer be what we once were. Sort of my comment about going from Little House on the Prairie to the Purge. Each new generation is offended by something.

If it only stopped at school prayer, I’d say you’re right. But it wasn’t that long ago that churches and Pastors were under fire about turning over their sermons and threatened to be forced into performing gay marriages when they didn’t believe in it.

For the record for the both of you, I’m not disagreeing with either of you about prayer in school. Part of my Christian upbringing is to treat people the same way I want to be treated. I wouldn’t want to be forced to listen to a prayer that I didn’t believe in, so I wouldn’t want that forced on others. What I would like to see is no one making a big deal about a coach and his team praying if they’re all of the same believe.

exactly! Even if they aren't all of the same general belief if nobody is offended to the point of it physically upsetting them, no big deal. It's a few minutes of your time and if it helps "unit cohesion" then have your brief prayer time then get back to business.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

He was comparing replies by ONE person.

That's interesting. I am willing to be disabused of this notion if it's false, but I am inclined to believe the jihadist does not have any particular bond/tie to a nation.
Their ideals (such as they are) supersede all else.

(And finally...someone has decided):

https://news.dailytoast.com/quizzes...quiz&utm_content=feed&ua_id=23842727936030546

This. I'm not talking about beheadings and public torture such, even though heresy and blasphemy used to be punishable by death in Christendom, like it is in the Muslim world now. Christianity has evolved since the Middle Ages, Islam has not.

The part I was comparing, as others noted, was the mindset expressed by gemcgrew that a Christian shouldn't have any allegiance to any country, only to God. That is definitely the same mindset as a Muslim jihadi. They don't see themselves acting in the name of allegiance to any particular country, they are acting for Allah.

I think most American Christians would disagree with his opinion of having no allegiance to America because they are a Christian, certainly the Christian folks I know do not think like this.

ambush80

exactly! Even if they aren't all of the same general belief if nobody is offended to the point of it physically upsetting them, no big deal. It's a few minutes of your time and if it helps "unit cohesion" then have your brief prayer time then get back to business.

I like how at the end of NFL and NBA games, those that want to pray get together in the center of the field/court and kneel and pray while the rest do whatever around them. That's the way it should be in the locker room too. Prayer should be extra curricular and totally voluntary.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I like how at the end of NFL and NBA games, those that want to pray get together in the center of the field/court and kneel and pray while the rest do whatever around them. That's the way it should be in the locker room too. Prayer should be extra curricular and totally voluntary.

Except they can't do that at high school football games in the middle of the field. And if the coach even stands to the side and bows his head, he is liable to be fired for that.

There was one coach fired because after a game, he would go off to the side of the field by himself, bow and pray. No students, no one else involved. Just the coach by himself. It seems the liberals couldn't tolerate a grown man showing his reverence to God in a public setting.

ambush80

This. I'm not talking about beheadings and public torture such, even though heresy and blasphemy used to be punishable by death in Christendom, like it is in the Muslim world now. Christianity has evolved since the Middle Ages, Islam has not.

The part I was comparing, as others noted, was the mindset expressed by gemcgrew that a Christian shouldn't have any allegiance to any country, only to God. That is definitely the same mindset as a Muslim jihadi. They don't see themselves acting in the name of allegiance to any particular country, they are acting for Allah.

I think most American Christians would disagree with his opinion of having no allegiance to America because they are a Christian, certainly the Christian folks I know do not think like this.

I just recently read something about the Marines changing one of their slogans from God Country Corps to God Corps Country and how significant the ordering of them is.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I just recently read something about the Marines changing one of their slogans from God Country Corps to God Corps Country and how significant the ordering of them is.
Only one answer for that:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed ..."

ambush80

Only one answer for that:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed ..."

But they also allow that someone's allegiance to a god can supersede all that. Thus the recognition of conscientious objection.

Israel

BANNED
But they also allow that someone's allegiance to a god can supersede all that. Thus the recognition of conscientious objection.

And yet...so many of the "they" who would resist such an allowance came to understand it was their own selves they resisted.

But you, beloved, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God as you await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you eternal life. And indeed, have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; and to still others, show mercy tempered with fear, hating even the clothing stained by the flesh...

Did you see Hacksaw Ridge?

Better yet...do you know you are on it?

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
No such thing as an atheist
They might think they don’t believe in god but they will before this whole thing comes to an end
;)

Philippians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

King James Version (KJV)

WaltL1

And yet...so many of the "they" who would resist such an allowance came to understand it was their own selves they resisted.

But you, beloved, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God as you await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you eternal life. And indeed, have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them from the fire; and to still others, show mercy tempered with fear, hating even the clothing stained by the flesh...

Better yet...do you know you are on it?
The movie portrayal was suprisingly accurate to the actual true story too. Some things were embellished/changed but overall pretty accurate.
www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/hacksaw-ridge/

WaltL1

They might think they don’t believe in god but they will before this whole thing comes to an end
;)

Philippians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

King James Version (KJV)
Until that happens, an Atheist doesn't believe in (g)Gods.
So there is such a thing as Atheists.

Israel

BANNED
The movie portrayal was suprisingly accurate to the actual true story too. Some things were embellished/changed but overall pretty accurate.
www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/hacksaw-ridge/

Yes, that's what I had read/heard...in film making one of the few times truth outstrips and stands well beyond the fictions we may have fallen in love with.

Such a precious fiction is here:

Last edited:

atlashunter

:cry::cry::cry:

Cry it out SFD.