Johnsonville Brats new flavor

TJay

Johnsonville has a new flavor of brat, chorizo. Man they are good available at Publix.

The AmBASSaDEER

Who? What? How do it taste? Or what does it taste like????

JohnK3

Banned
Chorizo isn't a "flavor of brat" it's a different sausage altogether.

Chorizo is a Mexican sausage, just like bratwurst is a German sausage and andouille is a Cajun sausage. They may stuff it in a brat-sized casing, but it's still chorizo, not bratwurst.

JohnK3

Banned
More of the Mexicanization of America.......:bounce:
Oh, get over it! Geez!

I've had chorizo since I was a kid in Houston in the 60s/70s. Would you call the popularity of bratwurst "more of the Germanization of America"? Or Egg Foo Yung "more of the Orientalization of America"? Sushi "more of the Nipponization of America"?

There's a LOT of things leading to "more of the Mexicanization of America." Chorizo sausage isn't one of them. "Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish" is.

QTurn

Oh, get over it! Geez!

I've had chorizo since I was a kid in Houston in the 60s/70s. Would you call the popularity of bratwurst "more of the Germanization of America"? Or Egg Foo Yung "more of the Orientalization of America"? Sushi "more of the Nipponization of America"?

There's a LOT of things leading to "more of the Mexicanization of America." Chorizo sausage isn't one of them. "Press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish" is.

Well said, sir!!

Can't wait to try them.

The AmBASSaDEER

Chorizo is a Mexican sausage, just like bratwurst is a German sausage and andouille is a Cajun sausage. They may stuff it in a brat-sized casing, but it's still chorizo, not bratwurst.

O, I dont want one anymore.

TJay

Yeah I know it's a different sausage but most people associate Johnsonville with brats so I used the term. It is good whatever you call it. Throw some on a bun with some grilled onions.:bounce:

Swede

Riled up over sausage. Just eat em and shut up.

jeshoffstall

Man TJ,

You post a great new find and instead of a "thanks" you get raked over the coals. I think some peeps on here to kick the AC up a notch:whip:

p.s. - I thought the BRATs were good!

Attachments

• chorizo.jpg
    chorizo.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 478
Chorizo is a little different from most cased sausages, in that most recipes call for it be taken out of the casing, crumbled and fried.

Usually has a lower fat content it seems to me.

Get a link, take out of casing, crumble, fry, throw in some small diced potatoes, brown, -- lay down beside some scrambled eggs-- darn good breakfast.

JohnK3

Banned
Sorry, wasn't meaning to rake anyone over the coals, just pointing out that it's not a "brat" but its own type of sausage.

I love me some chorizo. .25-06 has a GREAT recommendation for breakfast, btw. Just don't eat it before heading out to the deer stand. Scentlock clothing won't help you if you do. LOL

jeremy mccollough

okay twenty five ought six please change the avatar man...or atleast quit posting on the outdoor cafe section can't look at good food and then see that pic...lol :hair::rofl:

marknga

GONetwork Member
Will have to give that a try. I love the Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage "brats"..............good eating.

Mark

trckdrvr

I pickup and haul truckloads of "brats" from johnsonville in Sheboygan falls,Wi. in my reefer trailer every week....you might be surprised how many types of "brats" they make...i was.