Pretty Point from Walton Co.

mossyears

Any of you experts have any thoughts on what time period this may likely be from? Was walking a road between food plots doing some light calling the other day after a good rain...looked down and saw the very slight edge sticking out of the ground. Pretty big grin when I turned it up with my boot

Attachments

• Walton Co. Arrowhead.jpg
    Walton Co. Arrowhead.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 972

Bill Yox

Thats a very common point for these parts. Its a morrow point, from the middle archaic period. Im from up north, and my knowledge of this stuff is more accurate there. Im only just learning the variants down here in Ga. Its made of quartzite. Feel free to message me if you have more questions, Id be happy to help. Its been hard getting guys down here to warm up to me in this site...must be they can tell Im a yankee, lol.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Morrow Mountain type 1, dates about 5,000-6,000 BC. Made from waxy vein quartz. Nice find!

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Bill, we were indoctrinated from a very early age not to like northerners. I am currently in Wisconsin and these are the nicest people that I have ever met. Maybe New Yorkers are bad, but mid westerners are great people to be around. Good find to the OP. That is a beautiful piece considering how hard it was to work.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Thats a very common point for these parts. Its a morrow point, from the middle archaic period. Im from up north, and my knowledge of this stuff is more accurate there. Im only just learning the variants down here in Ga. Its made of quartzite. Feel free to message me if you have more questions, Id be happy to help. Its been hard getting guys down here to warm up to me in this site...must be they can tell Im a yankee, lol.

Bill, you have made 18 posts in 4 years. A lot of folks on here make more posts than that in a half a day-I would guess that is the reason folks don't interact with you much. Limber up those typin' fingers and talk to us, you might be surprised!

T-N-T

That's a beautiful point.

And welcome Yankee Bill!

mossyears

Very helpful. I love finding these things but don't know much about them. Thanks for the education!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Howdy Bill I'm up north of you in Walton County. :D

We had a bad time a while back with some folks from up your way who came through and made a real mess for us.;) We have got over it somewhat but still are wary at times.:bounce:
Heck right there where you are living in Morgan County was one area General Sherman had some folks to pass through on his famous March to the Sea.

But jump on in here and chat with us. We don't bite. Heck I might even invite you to come to a Sons of Confederate Veterans meeting some time.

Sorry to the OP for the derail. Back to the arrowhead thread topic.

Bill Yox

Nah, no offense taken OR meant. I get what happened, long ago. I like to tell the locals that if I can get the "darn" dropped from my descriptive "darn yankee" that Id be doing good. (I know, we dont say "darn" but the sensor is tight...wink) Yes, Ive always loved the southern hospitality. Milkman, Id comprimise and say lets walk a field together sometime. Heck we could bring mossyears too.

Too everyone responding to me, many thanks. I feel bad sidelining the original post though. NCHillbilly, yep, thats true. Id rather say less, and listen more...a somewhat new trait for me, hahaha. Thanks everyone.