2017/2018 Pistol Harvest.

deast1988

It's buck only gun opener in my region but been taking my bow with a Contender or Model29.

If y'all are fortunate to harvest one post a picture an a story.

I hope to add my own soon. Won't be for lack of Trying if I don't.

Good Luck everyone been safe.

B. White

Had my rifle on this one while he was making a scrape around 11:00. Put it down and wasn't going to shoot, but then thought it may be a long time before I get a chance with the 10mm. Hit him farther back then I liked, but it knocked him down. He got up and went 5-10 yds and back down. Fortunate to get a shot opening weekend for my first handgun deer. I'm impressed with the 200gr flat point. Wouldn't have had to worry about following a blood trail, if I'd had to.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_1079.JPG
    IMG_1079.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 492

deast1988

Had my rifle on this one while he was making a scrape around 11:00. Put it down and wasn't going to shoot, but then thought it may be a long time before I get a chance with the 10mm. Hit him farther back then I liked, but it knocked him down. He got up and went 5-10 yds and back down. Fortunate to get a shot opening weekend for my first handgun deer. I'm impressed with the 200gr flat point. Wouldn't have had to worry about following a blood trail, if I'd had to.

Congrats, way to get it started off.

ThatredneckguyJamie

Great job! I missed the opener this past weekend, had a quota hunt in FL for the smoke pole, ready to give the G40 a chance to do some deer slaying