Texas church shooter was a militant atheist

atlashunter

Hey, if you say you have no precepts that guide your morality, your relationships with others, or your outlook on life who am I to argue.

In fact, you just highlighted my point that there is nothing in Atheism that would deter anyone from slaughtering innocents, absolutely nothing. It stands in stark contrast to Christianity.

I said atheism has no moral precepts. That doesn't mean atheists have no moral precepts. It just means whatever morals they hold are not from atheism. Like I said before, atheism is amoral, Christianity is immoral. Not holding a belief in gods does not preclude one from having good morals, bad morals, no morals at all, or anything in between.

I hope for your sake you aren't really as dense as you are making yourself look.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I said atheism has no moral precepts. That doesn't mean atheists have no moral precepts. It just means whatever morals they hold are not from atheism. Like I said before, atheism is amoral, Christianity is immoral. Not holding a belief in gods does not preclude one from having good morals, bad morals, no morals at all, or anything in between.

I hope for your sake you aren't really as dense as you are making yourself look.

While on the topic of words, I see nothing in the etymology of the word "moral" that has any relativity or foundation in the Bible. To prescribe such a mandate is purely the product of a mind closed to expanded thinking.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/moral

In all of the worst traits of human beings, it is not their actions that create the greatest conflicts in history, but it is their words. Words have meaning and understanding their origin, intent and implications can bring peace among men or some of the greatest wars one can imagine.

The old adage "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me" is historically inaccurate and if one chooses to argue this fact from a religious stand point the Bible even reinforces the negative effects of words on a relationship and how damaging they can be.

atlashunter

Are you telling me that you don’t realize that when you state “There is no God.” that you must now determine what precepts you are going to lead your life by given “There is no God” . Is that what you are telling me?

Yes one is left to make that determination. Now make your case that the only moral position one can rationally have in the absence of a god is evil. Maybe you're one of these types that would be out raping and murdering if not for the fear instilled that a sky daddy will punish you? Don't make the assumption that all men are just as morally bankrupt.

atlashunter

Please elaborate

Vicarious redemption, blood sacrifice for redemption, redemption by way of the murder of an innocent man, the idea that eternal torture or bliss should depend on superstitious belief rather than ones character and actions, the idea of eternal punishment for finite deeds, the idea of original sin, and so on.

atlashunter

“The story of the redemption will not stand examination. That man should redeem himself from the sin of eating an apple by committing a murder on Jesus Christ, is the strangest system of religion ever set up.”
— Thomas Paine

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Vicarious redemption, blood sacrifice for redemption, redemption by way of the murder of an innocent man, the idea that eternal torture or bliss should depend on superstitious belief rather than ones character and actions, the idea of eternal punishment for finite deeds, the idea of original sin, and so on.

Ok aside from your lack of understanding in multiple areas, elaborate on Christianity being immoral. Get to the "so on" part.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
“The story of the redemption will not stand examination. That man should redeem himself from the sin of eating an apple by committing a murder on Jesus Christ, is the strangest system of religion ever set up.”
— Thomas Paine

Obviously he is clueless about what he doesn't understand.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Obviously he is clueless about what he doesn't understand.

Enlighten us about understanding facts compared to using belief as fact.

What is not understood?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Enlighten us about understanding facts compared to using belief as fact.

What is not understood?

You really think eating an apple is sin and killing an innocent man is what religion is built on?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You really think eating an apple is sin and killing an innocent man is what religion is built on?

What part of christianity does those two events play in christianity?

Take them away and the backbone of the religion changes.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
Could this, perhaps, be an appropriate place to resurrect the intellectual honesty topic? Just asking.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
What part of christianity does those two events play in christianity?

Take them away and the backbone of the religion changes.
Actually if you remove the "apple".....the backbone of the atheist wouldn't exist.
Eating of the forbidden fruit was not the problem. It was the deception that led to disobedience.

If you don't fully understand and believe the God Head, then you will not grasp anything to do with Jesus and the cross.

Gentiles do not sacrifice anything. The Jews did a blood sacrifice, through the cross all of that was ended. The Jews rejected Jesus, Gentiles didn't. You can't lump everything into Christianity or religion. At the end of the day, you're either a Jew or Gentile.

There's a lot of Jewish ceremonies still today involving slaughtering something and not eating certain foods. Their refusal to accept what happened at the cross doesn't imply anything that "Christianity" is.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Actually if you remove the "apple".....the backbone of the atheist wouldn't exist.
Eating of the forbidden fruit was not the problem. It was the deception that led to disobedience.

If you don't fully understand and believe the God Head, then you will not grasp anything to do with Jesus and the cross.

Gentiles do not sacrifice anything. The Jews did a blood sacrifice, through the cross all of that was ended. The Jews rejected Jesus, Gentiles didn't. You can't lump everything into Christianity or religion. At the end of the day, you're either a Jew or Gentile.

There's a lot of Jewish ceremonies still today involving slaughtering something and not eating certain foods. Their refusal to accept what happened at the cross doesn't imply anything that "Christianity" is.

Explain the apple/atheist claim.