Doe #3 for 2017

sawtooth

Yesterday was awesome, wasn't it? The morning was a little windy, but that's ok. The afternoon was just perfect. I got in the stand early- about four, maybe that's not early to some of you, but it is to me. It didn't take long before I started seeing deer. A few here and a few there- the bucks are chasing does ninety-to-nothin at my little patch so you never know what might zip past you. I was watching two yearling twins just before dark when I heard some leaves crunching and becoming louder as the doe making the noise got closer to me. She was coming from my right, so I scooted sideways in my stand to get into position. I shoot sitting down- so I have eliminated the "bend at the waist" problem all together. She wasn't far off, and when she got quartering the way I like, I drew and let it go. When the arrow hit I knew she wouldn't make it very far and she got wobbly in less than 40 yards. Down for good in less than 60. It don't always happen like that, but I'm thankful when it does. Nobody likes to be on their hands and knees with a flashlight all night long. I don't anyway. Thank you Lord for something else to put in the freezer and the Health and means to do what I love to do.... Not bad for a "has been"- and I'm not done.

martin X200 recurve 45#
Easton 2013 arrow
Wensel woodsman head 225gr.
(steel adapter made that weight possible)

Stupid sideways pictures! I don't know how to fix that.

Attachments

• 11 11 17 doe.jpg
    11 11 17 doe.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 271

jekilpat

Good job man! That one has a face like a cow elk.

PS - you gotta figure that pic deal out, cause I’m getting a crick in my neck looking at your pictures.

chrisharper

Nice one!

Good job man! That one has a face like a cow elk.

PS - you gotta figure that pic deal out, cause I’m getting a crick in my neck looking at your pictures.

It's the height/width limitations on attachments. He's gotta size down his images to under 1000x1000 pixels, else the forum will orient it for him.

deast1988

Can't beat that, sounds like icing on the cake after being in deer all evening. Congrats

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Nice Doe! Congrats!

Here's your picture turned around.

Attachments

• 11 11 17 doe (450 x 600).jpg
    11 11 17 doe (450 x 600).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 165