Where would you go?

vowell462

We were planning on running to south Arkansas or Tn next week as per the normal. However, seeing alot of reports saying to head further south after the past few days of cold weather. Id like to stay within an 8-9hour drive of Columbus Ga. Where would you head if you had 4 days to hunt? We freelance on public land, so id love to hear some opinions. Thanks

Duckbuster82

Arkansas will be good. Hunt Souther area. Look to big water at moving water in the morning and shoot small areas in the afternoon with the thaw. Have had some incredible mid day and afternoon shoots with the ice thawing.

across the river

The last thing I saw was a warm front comes through this weekend, and it don't get cold enough that you should have to worry about anything really freezing up until next weekend. I don't think freezing up is going to be the issue next week in either one.

BaldofPate

Depended on what I was targeting. I like south Tx, but then again I don't have a love affair with mallards. I'll settle for limits of teal, baldies, sprigs, and reds. If I wanted to keep it within 8 hrs LA

GADawg08

Depended on what I was targeting. I like south Tx, but then again I don't have a love affair with mallards. I'll settle for limits of teal, baldies, sprigs, and reds. If I wanted to keep it within 8 hrs LA

yep....went to south TX with a group back in 2012 and it will spoil you out there. We're headed to sledge, MS area 11-14th and I think it may be just right::;::;

vowell462

Go further south. I'd hit Louisiana

I have never really hunted La. But i understand the south marshes and areas around the mouth of the Mississippi are dangerous. I only have a 16ft lowe with a 30 yamaha. Ive looked at public land over there and keep looking at catahoula. But the stories im hearing from locals harrassing out of staters is horremdous!

HuntingFool

We were supposed to be headed to NW TN in the morning to hunt this weekend. Just found out they can't get to the blinds because of thick ice. Waiting to head up on Saturday now and hunt for a few days.