Coastal Hog in the snow

mcarge

Just wanted to share, picked up a nice boar Sunday night before all the snow melted off. This doesn't happen around here too often

Attachments

• Resized952018010795185528.jpg
    Resized952018010795185528.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 735
  • FB_IMG_1515378835951.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515378835951.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 736
  • Resized952018010795185345.jpg
    Resized952018010795185345.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 743

georgia_home

Nice pig!

Big7

The Oracle
Look at that head on that one!

Big-Un for sure!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nothin more fun than killin one in the snow!

Way to go!!! That’s a big ole pig too!!

Killer Kyle

Look at that head on that one!

Big-Un for sure!

That's a wild lookin' one for sure! LONG snout!! Big boar in the snow in South GA. That might not happen again in your lifetime!!! Way to go man!! Awesome boar!

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Mike, that's a nice looking hog. Hate to be on the wrong end of those tusks. Gil

That is awesome. I was stuck at work. Glad somebody got some blood on the snow! May truly have been a once-in-a-lifetime chance in Savannah!

Killer Kyle

Hey Mike, is that a big scar under his eye! That's what I call a war pig! Looks like he was an old fighter!
And would do us a favor? There's always debate on here about how big boars taste. Would you update us sometime in the future on how some of the meat turned out? I've eaten a lot of wild pigs, but never a big old boar, and I'm interested to know how he cooks up!!

jbogg

Nice boar! I tried to find some pigs when it snowed up here last month. Got up on top to find plenty of tracks, but the snow was 12 - 14” deep and it was slow going.

mcarge

Hey Mike, is that a big scar under his eye! That's what I call a war pig! Looks like he was an old fighter!
And would do us a favor? There's always debate on here about how big boars taste. Would you update us sometime in the future on how some of the meat turned out? I've eaten a lot of wild pigs, but never a big old boar, and I'm interested to know how he cooks up!!

I will let you know.. haven't had one yet that wasn't good but I will tell you that even the back straps off this guy after 5 days of "cool down" time smelled quite musky to say the least.. we will see what 12 hours of smoke do to him.