Vitamins/supplement for concentration and memory suggestions

Artfuldodger

That's a study of vitamin and mineral supplements for preventing the occurrence or progression of chronic diseases. The report did say his mix of vitamins and minerals didn't improve mild to moderate dementia.

What about one showing buying supplements for memory loss is a waste of money? Like the Ginkgo biloba supplement. Great seed extract maybe.

I'll see if I can find one. If I don't foreget.:D

Artfuldodger

Physical exercise is suppose to help along with mind games.

Crossword puzzles, word scramble, etc. Staying mentally active. Socialize. Mentally stimulating activities and hobbies.

The older people I know that tend to do better have a purpose in life. They still cook for people, chop firewood, go to Church, go to civic functions, eat breakfast with the old guys at Hardees, etc.

I guess this would apply to younger people as well. I imagine that stress plays a big part of it. If I'm under a lot of stress from my job or family life it seems to affect my memory.

Maybe some type of mind clearing exercise like Yoga or Tai Chi.

Here is a report of a study that Tai Chi may help;

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...size-boosts-memory-may-delay-dementia/258796/

Maybe hiking, canoeing, hunting, or fishing would help if one can do it in a non-stressful matter.

harderthansoft

I will reveal the reason I ask. I am 51 and when in high school I had comprehension problems. I would try listen and take in everything the teacher taught. But I would only retain about 40 percent of the lesson. I learn from hands on experience and have done very well in a work environment. Well a job has opened up that I will have to take some online electrical classes. And I have been told it's mostly these videos of a teacher giving classroom lessons. Im also told that I will be able to rewind it and be able to take notes. So that's a plus. They are actually called Cinet classes.
Most of my problem is my mind tends to wonder and it's like I'm in a fog. It even happens like say a supervisor is giving me a task to do. I just loose concentration and begin thinking about other things. And it's like the individual is talking but done lost me.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I will reveal the reason I ask. I am 51 and when in high school I had comprehension problems. I would try listen and take in everything the teacher taught. But I would only retain about 40 percent of the lesson. I learn from hands on experience and have done very well in a work environment. Well a job has opened up that I will have to take some online electrical classes. And I have been told it's mostly these videos of a teacher giving classroom lessons. Im also told that I will be able to rewind it and be able to take notes. So that's a plus. They are actually called Cinet classes.
Most of my problem is my mind tends to wonder and it's like I'm in a fog. It even happens like say a supervisor is giving me a task to do. I just loose concentration and begin thinking about other things. And it's like the individual is talking but done lost me.

I'm no expert but that sounds like ADD. I have a slight case of it but do not take anything. I'll be reading a book and sometimes have to read the page twice because even though I was reading, my mind was wondering and I cant remember what i just read

NOYDB

BANNED
Nothing but real food
Tim Spector, professor of genetic epidemiology, King’s College London

I used to take supplements, but six years ago I changed my mind. After researching my book I realised that the clinical studies, when properly carried out and independent of the manufacturers, clearly showed they didn’t work, and in many cases could be harmful. Studies of multivitamins show regular users are more likely to die of cancer or heart disease, for example. The only exception is supplements for preventing blindness due to macular degeneration, where randomised trials have been generally positive for a minor effect with a mixture of antioxidants.
In many cases, there is some experimental evidence these chemicals in supplements work naturally in the body or as foods, but no good evidence that when given in concentrated form as tablets they have any benefit. Recent evidence shows that high doses of some supplements can even be harmful – a case in point being calcium and vitamin D. Rather than taking expensive and ineffective synthetic products, we should get all the nutrients, microbes and vitamins we need from eating a range of real foods, as evolution and nature intended

Supplements are not the solution.

So far results show that nothing that you eat can help. And nothing sold over the counter.

Latest posts