Is there a 3D course

Is there a place to just go shoot at 3D targets? I’m not looking to compete since I’ve never done it. Just looking for a way to practice in the off season other than shooting at targets.

PappyHoel

There was one near the Wilson shoals wma but it's been 15 years since I've been. Maybe someone can update me. It was a private course and you dropped 5 dollars in the box. It was good and fun walk through the woods.

red1691

Most Clubs will let someone pay a discounted rate if they just want to shoot a round and not turn in a score for competition, just for Fun. WARNING it can become addictive!!!

WaltL1

Probably 60ish miles from Woodstock but Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Mansfield has a great, new course. At least 20 stations, towers to shoot from like being in a deer stand. Various deer, bear, turkey targets etc.
If I'm not mistaken cost is $0.
Also 50 and 100 yard pistol/rifle range and trap/skeet range.
A number of ponds to fish.
Good place to spend the day and do it all.

ga bow hunter

There is a 3-D Range Called Burton Mill Creek off Truelove Road in East Hall (Gainesville) Georgia. They have approx. 21 targets and you just pay at the gate and enjoy!! Tons of Fun!!
For questions about the range or directions you can call Terry Poole 770-532-7175

t8ter

I think there is one in Gilmer Co. near the jail. Just need a WMA stamp I think. Maybe some one chime in about it.

Robust Redhorse

The one at Rich Mountain WMA is probably closest to you:

Admission = a hunting or fishing license

There is a parking lot and a trail to the top of the hill, where you walk the perimeter of a field and shoot at around 20 targets placed in the woods by DNR.

Drive past the jail and animal shelter then turn left - if you make it to the canoe launch, you have gone too far.

Rich Mountain WMA - Cartecay Tract

106 Brett Dickey Memorial Drive

Ellijay, GA 30522

Latest posts