Dan Wesson Guardian .38 Super

pacecars

It has been a good day. Stopped by my local pusher's and picked up the Dan Wesson Guardian .38 Super I had ordered. When I got home the Georgia Arms ammo I ordered was sitting on my front porch! I love the way this thing feels. The fit and finish is perfect. DW makes a nice 1911.

:yeah: :banana: :cheers: :D

Reactions: Dub

Big7

The Oracle
Walmarks in Monroe has about 10 boxes
of boolits.

Never seen .38 Super in walmarks.

I would like to have one. Just don't cover any gaps
for me. If money were no object, I would have one.

Great find! :cheers:

Last edited:

pacecars

I have always been interested in the .38 Super but never got around to getting one. I had a Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm several years ago but foolishly sold it. I was looking for another commander length 1911 to be my every day carry gun and wanted a lightweight bobtail but not another .45 so my choices were limited. I have never been enamored by a 9mm so my interest in the Super was rekindled. I may send it in to Dan Wesson and have them fit a 9mm barrel to it so I can shoot cheap ammo for practice though.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Oh baby!

Jester896

Senior Clown
The only thing left to do is put on some VZ Grips. I am thinking about going with these:

I use Operators on my Ultra Raptor.

A buddy of mine used to use a Hot Rod .38 Super for completion...I might even have some brass for one somewhere.

I have to run to Tally this morning. I need another stop besides Kevin's.

pacecars

DSH firearms at Centerville and Olsen Rd is my favorite shop. Tom, Dawn, Nick and Alex are good people

Jester896

Senior Clown
Thanks for the info.

Grabbed A Grub Burger and on to Micasooke.
Does Olsen cross Centerville twice? Looked a little and didn't see it. GPS said it was 20 minutes away. I did see the one kinda across from Kevin's but didn't know the rep. Was really after reloading supplies...odd boolits and stuff.

pacecars

It is just north of Olsen. Sorry I should have said Centerville and Fleischmann. It is about a block past where Olsen crosses. R shills across from Kevin’s is decent.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Thanks! Got it...just Googled it...Corner Fleischmann Ln and Centerville...one block up from where I was. And that wasn't 20 minutes from where I was. Next time a Verdigo and DSH.

bullgator

Nice! I bought a duty finish Valor 10mm last year.

Dub

Nice! I bought a duty finish Valor 10mm last year.

Man yes !!!

You gonna get hunt with it some ?

I've been wanting a Valor for the longest.

$1330.50 shipped

I know that is a large chunk of dinero.....but when folks look really hard at what they are getting with the DW guns it begins to register as a great value.

Very sweet .38 Super you have. Gonna do great for you.

pacecars

They are not cheap but in this case I think you get more than what you pay for. To get equivalent quality you have to go with a semi custom or custom maker. Off the shelf I don't think any of the other manufacturers come close.