Cure For Cabin Fever

whitetailfreak

Just wondering if you have ever heard about bending the line connection at a 45deg angle to prevent line twist,,,, seems to help on Mepps spinners,,,, just wondering,,,,

Never have tried that, but never have had an issue with line twist either. I use 4 lb clear Trilene on a 5' ul St. Croix for Spin situations without any issues at all.

tree cutter 08

Nice! Looks very cold! I can count on one hand at the times I've been fishing this time of year. About time to give it another try.

greg_n_clayton

I like em skint...them stocked fish. Them little speckled ones, fry them fast and eat bones and all !! The tails are like eating tater chips !!

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I like em skint...them stocked fish. Them little speckled ones, fry them fast and eat bones and all !! The tails are like eating tater chips !!

greg, do you batter them before frying?

whitetailfreak

I never skin a trout, not even the dough bellies, but yep, bones and all on the little specs. cornmeal, a bit of flour and salt and pepper...

Dr. Strangelove

It's hard to believe that it's been close to 20 years since I've fished there, but I've pulled a bunch of trout of of Bunches and the Ravens Fork over the years.

That's a nice mess of trout!

greg_n_clayton

j
I never skin a trout, not even the dough bellies, but yep, bones and all on the little specs. cornmeal, a bit of flour and salt and pepper...

have ya ever skint a stocker ?? to me, it takes away alot of the....dirt taste.