Best Seafood Dive near St. Mary's Ga.

ddavis1120

I'll vouch for B&J, Skippers or Mudcats. In my mind B&J and Mudcat are more fried seafood and Skippers has a little bit of everything although all three have pretty good menus. Mudcats is at Two Way marina just south of Darien, Skippers is at the waterfront next to the old forts in Darien and B&J is off 17 in Darien if it matters.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I'll vouch for B&J, Skippers or Mudcats. In my mind B&J and Mudcat are more fried seafood and Skippers has a little bit of everything although all three have pretty good menus. Mudcats is at Two Way marina just south of Darien, Skippers is at the waterfront next to the old forts in Darien and B&J is off 17 in Darien if it matters.

:clap::clap::clap:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
:clap::clap::clap:

Already planning a stop by Hunters Cafe in Shellman's Bluff if they are open then. My kind of hole in the wall place.

I think Shellman's Bluff is where the condo is. Only been once a long time ago. Never got to got to B.J's, but my Mama loved that place.

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I think Shellman's Bluff is where the condo is. Only been once a long time ago. Never got to got to B.J's, but my Mama loved that place.

It's been easily 20 years since the last time I made it to Hunters Cafe. A stuffed flounder that hung over all sides of the plate and a crab stew that was down right sinful.

Can't wait to hit some of these haunts y'all are throwing out there.

Knotmuch

Speeds Kitchen at Shellman's Bluff has the best stuffed flounder I have ever eat. Nothing on their menu is bad.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Appreciate all of the recommendations. We prolly won't cross over into Florduh as we'll basically have a day and a half to cavort around before we go to the island for a few days. We will spend the time in between stuffin our gullets checking out local state parks, areas of interest etc.

As most of y'all have figured out, I am looking for the most desolate of desolate that your average tourist would never find, ever, on their best day. Local hangouts.

So far I've narrowed it down to these:

Hunters & Speeds in Shellman's Bluff
Skippers in Darien
Seagles & Lanes in St. Mary's

Any other not very well known hole in the walls we are missing?

Artfuldodger

Speed's and Hunters both look pretty good. They do meet the "most desolate of desolate" requirement in looks.
They look beyond casual!

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Speeds and Hunter are both great. I spend quite a bit of time at Shellman's bluff. Hunters never disappoints and is in walking distance for me. Try the Grouper fingers..