what is wicca religion?

7 point

I had A friends girl friend tell me she was wicca she said they worship mother earth and beleave all people and animals are related anyone know about this?

Greaserbilly

Reconstructionist religion trying to bring back pre-Christian British pagan traditions.

Started by a man named Gardner. It worships the idea of a God and a Goddess. Heavy emphasis on being in tune with nature, writing your own prayers (which they call "spells") with more emphasis on practical requests ('find me love/money/etc') and all manner of pageantry e.g. robes candles incense etc.

Gardner was a nudist, so he often suggested people get nekked when they do these rituals.

Their notion of ethics is basically the Golden Rule along with the idea that whatever you do, good or bad, returns to you three fold.

gordon 2

Reconstructionist religion trying to bring back pre-Christian British pagan traditions.

Started by a man named Gardner. It worships the idea of a God and a Goddess. Heavy emphasis on being in tune with nature, writing your own prayers (which they call "spells") with more emphasis on practical requests ('find me love/money/etc') and all manner of pageantry e.g. robes candles incense etc.

Gardner was a nudist, so he often suggested people get nekked when they do these rituals.

Their notion of ethics is basically the Golden Rule along with the idea that whatever you do, good or bad, returns to you three fold.

Good explanation. I have always thought of it as pagan religion for our new age modern society. I have always wondered how things squared up or what the reasoning was after casting a spell for "love" -which didn't end up working at all.:worm:

That Gardener fellow was he from San Francisco by any chance?

SarahFair

Oh wiccans...

I mean, I guess I get it..
They are not all the same.

The only thing I really take from them is the "Three Fold Law"
Its states:
"Any energy you send out, you get back times 3"

Its a good "guideline" to follow. :huh:

7 point

right I live by the what goes around comes around moto

Greaserbilly

Oh wiccans...

I mean, I guess I get it..
They are not all the same.

The only thing I really take from them is the "Three Fold Law"
Its states:
"Any energy you send out, you get back times 3"

Its a good "guideline" to follow. :huh:

Most of them are typical new age hucksters.
Some actually go to places like the West Country and learn the old folk magic and pre-Christian traditions of the British Isles. There's actually a lot of pagan stuff in modern day expression of Christianity, and more than a few old school Brit Christians saw no problems with a Gentile set of Gods and Jesus.

mtnwoman

Do no harm is also a motto for them. Lots are vegan, a lot of them practice herbal healing etc. Most don't wear leather, etc.

I practice a lot of herbal healing, aromatherapy, organic eating, etc besides prayer to God of course. I try to use organic things, instead of chemical based medicine, etc. A lot of so called witches got burned at the stake for doing that though, because it took business away from doctors who were in the 'drug' business....so goes folklore.

StriperAddict

Do no harm is also a motto for them. Lots are vegan, a lot of them practice herbal healing etc. Most don't wear leather, etc.

I practice a lot of herbal healing, aromatherapy, organic eating, etc besides prayer to God of course. I try to use organic things, instead of chemical based medicine, etc. A lot of so called witches got burned at the stake for doing that though, because it took business away from doctors who were in the 'drug' business....so goes folklore.

Hey Annie, todays pharmacologicals (big pharma I call 'em) don't burn us naturalists at the stake anymore, they just get the FDA to put the chains on them natural supplements!
And isn't it amazing that at least half the time given to them drug commercials are all about the terrible side effects? The natural whole food supplements don;t even come NEAR the crap that's in them big pharma drugs!
Don't get me wrong, when you need em and there isn't a way out, your left with puttin some "poison" in ya. It's just sad the statistics of the amount of deaths due to drugs... and I'm talking about the death statistics of the ones taken as prescribed by doctors, is so staggeringly high!!

Ok, rant and derail now over!

Besides, any second now and Fishing Addict will straighten me all out!
:swords:

:rofl::rofl:

mtnwoman

Hey Annie, todays pharmacologicals (big pharma I call 'em) don't burn us naturalists at the stake anymore, they just get the FDA to put the chains on them natural supplements!
And isn't it amazing that at least half the time given to them drug commercials are all about the terrible side effects? The natural whole food supplements don;t even come NEAR the crap that's in them big pharma drugs!
Don't get me wrong, when you need em and there isn't a way out, your left with puttin some "poison" in ya. It's just sad the statistics of the amount of deaths due to drugs... and I'm talking about the death statistics of the ones taken as prescribed by doctors, is so staggeringly high!!

Oh trust me, when I need an antibiotic for strep thoat, I want the big dose that will work. I'm not goin' natural on that one...lol.
And I know what you mean....the pham.drug companies rule the world.

And you're correct my brother od'd on prescription drugs that were his own. He just forgot what he had already taken. And I've heard on the news that the biggest death rate of people taking their own meds, incorrectly by accident rather than for recreational purposes.

Lord, I cannot wait to we get to heaven, can you?:snowman:

Last edited:

StriperAddict

Oh trust me, when I need an antibiotic for strep thoat, I want the big dose that will work. I'm not goin' natural on that one...lol.
And I know what you mean....the pham.drug companies rule the world.

And you're correct my brother od'd on prescription drugs that were his own. He just forgot what he had already taken. And I've heard on the news that the biggest death rate of people taking their own meds, incorrectly by accident rather than for recreational purposes.

Lord, I cannot wait to we get to heaven, can you?:snowman:

I may have stated my point a lil askew,

I meant that some people die from taking thier meds exactly as prescribed, and as a result of the side effects themselves, NOT from overdose or other error on the part of the patient! :banginghe

Yeah, I hope we see Him real soon! :)
Merry Christmas sis!

mtnwoman

I may have stated my point a lil askew,

I meant that some people die from taking thier meds exactly as prescribed, and as a result of the side effects themselves, NOT from overdose or other error on the part of the patient! :banginghe

Yeah, I hope we see Him real soon! :)
Merry Christmas sis!

I know that you meant that, I was just adding my 2 cents to it. Which probably ain't worth 2 cents. :D

Merry Christmas bro!

vowell462

Herbal healing? Like smokin' the devils lettuce?:D

mtnwoman

Herbal healing? Like smokin' the devils lettuce?:D

Well if'n you need it you need it. I don't believe in abusing anything, but I certainly have in the past.

Genesis 9:3
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

The devil didn't create anything. he might get a herd of demons to mix up some chemicals to make some crack, but crack doesn't grow from a seed...just an example.

God gave us and we have everything we need in our healings, and most of it comes from plants. Pharm. companies, use a lot of plant based things, ie cocaine, heroin, and of course much much more. Chemicals+organics....yuck, but therein lies the moolah.

FishingAddict

Well, I was just searching my log in name for things I might want to follow up up- since I don't come around here too often anymore (busy!), and found this post.

To straighten you out: Yes, pharma drugs on TV have half their advertisements telling you about the side effects. That's because they are drugs controlled by the FDA.

It's the LAW that they give "fair and balanced" info on their drugs; meaning they have to spend half of their advertisement on telling you the things that could go wrong, even if it's a 1 out of a 100,000 chance.

What restrictions do the supplements have? Very little. You can pretty much claim anything you want. You could do a study where you give 16 year old males a pill with lawn clippings in it, and give the second group of 80 year old females a placebo pill. After watching both groups lifting weights, you could claim that "One group took our lawn clipping pill, while the other took a placebo pill. The group who took the lawn clipping pill gained 300% more muscle mass than the placebo group! And, at the end of the study, less of them had died!"

And you'd never find out that lawn clippings might give you acne. (Not really, but if you hear about a drug that might give you a head ache, it's the same concept.)

This is the problem with the supplement world. Lots of small studies from people who want to sell you things at 500% mark up. The only difference in the pharma world is that they are very strictly regulated by the government in their claims.

The real problem: In our country, it's really not about what you forget about putting in your body. It's about what you are putting in your body: Too much processed carbs, esp wheat (most common), tobacco, and alcohol... That's where 80% of our health problems come from.

FishingAddict

Fixed it for ya ;)

Don't be so sure. Just because no one studies them extensively doesn't mean they are side effect free.

Take something as innocent as vitamin E. Many people thought that it would help with cardiac disease, prostate cancer, and overall mortality.

As it turns out, it looks like it INCREASES prostate cancer, will accelerate cardiac disease if it's not taken with vit C, and doesn't do a penny's worth of work for overall mortality.

Everything in life has side effects. EVERYTHING. The difference in taking supplements is that you just don't know what they are, because they there is only enough data to suggest "maybe it helps with XYZ because of 30 people that were studied, and were not scrutinized nearly as hard as the FDA looks at prescription drugs."

Again, the best bet is to eat unprocessed food and be active with regular anaerobic interval exercise. Almost all prescription drugs and suppliments are not needed if you live with in your body's means, so to speak.

StriperAddict

Again, the best bet is to eat unprocessed food and be active with regular anaerobic interval exercise. Almost all prescription drugs and suppliments are not needed if you live with in your body's means, so to speak.

A hearty amen from me on this. It's just a shame most good, healthy (sometimes organic, sometimes not) food carries a price tag too high for some of us to abide. The wife and I call Whole Foods "whole paycheck"! With a little self study and finding what is depleted in your own body is a good route to take for picking up a few key supplements that even non-processed foods don't have as well as they did in years gone by.

From bronchitis, I'm on antibiotics for the next days, consequently I'm boosting the probiotics by an extra billion live cultures (the ones like acidipholos, etc) to assist the colon.

Not to stir the pot or derail an already derailed thread, but don't get me goin about whole milk, now devoid of the once healthy enzymes that assisted protein absorption, now killed by 'pasteurization'. :banginghe

Ok, enough for now. We'll see each other on this later ;)!

Peace!

mtnwoman

A hearty amen from me on this. It's just a shame most good, healthy (sometimes organic, sometimes not) food carries a price tag too high for some of us to abide. The wife and I call Whole Foods "whole paycheck"! With a little self study and finding what is depleted in your own body is a good route to take for picking up a few key supplements that even non-processed foods don't have as well as they did in years gone by.

From bronchitis, I'm on antibiotics for the next days, consequently I'm boosting the probiotics by an extra billion live cultures (the ones like acidipholos, etc) to assist the colon.

Not to stir the pot or derail an already derailed thread, but don't get me goin about whole milk, now devoid of the once healthy enzymes that assisted protein absorption, now killed by 'pasteurization'. :banginghe

Ok, enough for now. We'll see each other on this later ;)!

Peace!

Buy a vaporizer if you don't have one, from wallmart I think they have one that's large and is about 10bucks. Fill it with water, and add a few drops of lavendar or eucalyptus and let it run for the rest of the winter.
It will keep airborn germs at bay and keep everyone from catching each other's household germs.

Maybe 18 drops...you can tweek it, and you can mix them.

Makes the winter dry air from the furnice, moist and kills germs at the same time.

You can also use cinnamon spray to kill germs around the house while dusting and shine up the chrome fixture of sink thingys and great for glass and mirrors.

Has to be real essential oils not fake flavoring.