Old Time Steakhouses

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Charlie Palmers in Washington D.C., serves a good one too.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Does Pilgreen's qualify?
I never went myself, but knew lots of folks who did.
Down around Lee St. in the ATL, back in the good old days.

Yep but it was kind of a dive. Good steaks though. It's still in business on Lee St. but now they are also in McDonough.

http://www.the-t-boneking.com/

srb

There was one outside of east Dublin ,Can't remember the name but it was pretty good..Started with A T ,That was late 1990s

Redbow

Back in the fifties there were no steak houses where I was raised, only one or two small Cafe's they called them back then where a few of the town folk gathered every morning, not many country folks could afford to go there and eat..I can fix a much better steak at home than I can buy anywhere, haven't been to a steak house in many years now..

The post is Old TimeSteakhouses, not really something you would call Ryans. Don't get me wrong, Ryans is a decent chain, but not a historical relic. These places have been around longer than you or me, and usually age the finest beef themselves. It was a place where folks could enjoy a thick slab of prime beef, or chop, have a few drinks, enjoy a cigar, all in the nice and comfy leather furniture.

These places are dying out, much like the old Barbers, where you can get hot towels and a straight razor shave.[/QUO

Does Ryan's steakhouse exist anymore?

pjciii

If i recall, the Scotch house used to be on the north side of the airport just off Virginia ave was a really good steak and seafood place.
patrick

rospaw

There is not a lot of pomp and ceremony, but Torino's Steak house in Springfield Tn serves the best Pittsburg style ribeye I have ever tasted.

This is one i just put on my list for next time i'm up that way. 100 miles one way is not uncommon for the wife and i to ride for a good meal. Torino's is 269 miles one way but a good Pburg ribeye hits my square between the eyes. :bounce:

No one has mentioned THE DEER LODGE in Hiawassee Ga. I've been 5-6 times, most times getting the fish. I think all the meals are about 12 bucks. The steak is HUGE / all items ordered are huge portions! I would guess about a 12"x8" steak. Plates are massive size and they had to cut a third of my steak off and flop it on top of the rest of the steak. They have been open about 45 yrs so they must be doing something right. Well worth the trip if out riding in the mnts. They close down in the winter and open Thur-Sun the rest of the year. For $12ish it's hard to beat.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The Stockyard in Oklahoma City, OK.

Best Prime Rib I've ever had....and I've had a lot. :cool:

Man you done flung a craving on me, The Stockyard is good eats.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
Pinnacle Petes in Tucson...................Cooked over an open fire.........Corner Store in Racine Wi. for prime rib....

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Does eat place in Bentonville Arkansas....You order steaks by the pound. They have started opening in other cities.

Oldstick

I did some work on a Ryan's in Riverdale years ago and the manager said they were closing the restaurant because the customers were taking home pocket books full of food .

I admit I have toted out a yeast roll or two, on occasion.
:whip: