New pay-lake..... Monster Catfish Lake

cuda67bnl

Highway 81 and Youth Rd intersection.
Believe there used to be a fruit stand in front of it.

Have seen it look like a big mud puddle at times.

Yep. Diagonally across from the BP station. There's an old Gin building there.

And it's not much more than a big puddle now. I was being generous when I said it might be 3 acres in size. There was only 3 or 4 of us fishing yesterday, so the size wasn't an issue. But I'm told they're packed on the weekends. I can only imagine the crossed lines when someone gets a nice fish on when there's a crowd there.......

Old_Dirt

I dont understand rule four "No chemicals aloud wd40, soap, bleach" are they talking about not using that stuff while camping in case of run off?

cuda67bnl

can't be used as a fish attractant.........

Nastytater

Banned
Oooh..Ok then...So it's the lake they use to call Byrds Lake. Might have to get down there one day next week to check it out...

cuda67bnl

Oooh..Ok then...So it's the lake they use to call Byrds Lake. Might have to get down there one day next week to check it out...

Holler if you decide to go. I may join ya if you want some company. I'm gonna fish it again, but I'm not interested in doing it during the weekend. If anyone else wants to do it during the week, maybe we can have a group gathering?

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I loved rule #7 "all alcohol must be in containers".

lifterpuller

hahah cuda i dont know whats bigger that cat you are holding or that awesome beard you are growing! man i bet you were in heaven at that place!

cuda67bnl

I may have been in heaven if they'd have been biting that day, instead of just rod stealing........... I may try again there later this week and see what happens. I'll be sure and post results here.

meherg

well how did you do doodle flop
how big was the money pot

cuda67bnl

Went and caught me a mess of bream today, and will be headed back to this pond tomorrow. Will update and give results tomorrow. I'm headed to the shop now to weld up some rod holders in anticipation of the big'un.......

grizlbr

Christiancarfishhole stocked May 1 & 2 pay lake

Fish must be biting to be stocked twice in one week? Took my brother-n-law there late evening and to have a reel looked at. After fighting with reel to near closing time Dean loaned me a pole to go out to keep lake, on a gist I placed half a chicken frank on the hook as I said 'enough and it's closing time.' Tossed frank in and had a 4 pound cat before I could reel it in. When you have caught your limit do not put a hook in the water! I have watched the tournament lake being stocked but never the catch an keep lake. If you have a fish fry catch them fresh and filleted for 0.50$ more a pound.:yeah:

meherg

Fish must be biting to be stocked twice in one week? Took my brother-n-law there late evening and to have a reel looked at. After fighting with reel to near closing time Dean loaned me a pole to go out to keep lake, on a gist I placed half a chicken frank on the hook as I said 'enough and it's closing time.' Tossed frank in and had a 4 pound cat before I could reel it in. When you have caught your limit do not put a hook in the water! I have watched the tournament lake being stocked but never the catch an keep lake. If you have a fish fry catch them fresh and filleted for 0.50$ more a pound.:yeah:

Darell doesnt have tournaments anymore but wish he did

Rattlecrap

Would you call that "shooting ducks in a barrell"?

Sweetwater

We tried fishing it today after we watched the stocking. Only got one hit, and that was on a live bream. I never had a chance at the fish because without warning, my pole shot out into the lake and disappeared! I spent the next hour and a half casting another pole out trying to hook the line on the missing pole, with no luck. Right before we left, I decided to walk around the pond and try casting for it again. Another guy fishing happen to hook it, to my relief. And the fish was still on! He ended up wrapping up in something in the middle of the lake, and I had to break the 50 pound line. I was just happy to have gotten my rod back.

I found out the hard way too...but a reel with a bait clicker free spool is the way to go for big cats fishing from the bank. When I catch wild big cats on bream....if the cat feels resistance early on he'll spit it out. They are smart.

A friend of my daughter fishes out there.

DeepweR

Those cats are from santee,,, those fish live on muscles,, find u some fresh muscles and fish with them,,