Tractor Advice: Kubota vs LS

Jim Boyd

Buy 10 more HP than u think you need.

I have L2800 Kubota / 32 HP and love it but wish I had gone larger.

5 feet at the time is pretty slow.

livetohunt

Buy 10 more HP than u think you need.

I have L2800 Kubota / 32 HP and love it but wish I had gone larger.

5 feet at the time is pretty slow.

I agree with this for sure..I would get at least a 40hp if you plan to do much food plot work at all..I have a 56 hp and don't think it is enough hp.

Rick Alexander

I have a JD 870

that the clutch will stick to the flywheel A LOT. Now they are telling me it's $2K for the parts only to replace a defective design clutch for that tractor. The whole time I'm trying to talk to them about it they want me to buy new. You can bet when I do get a new tractor it certainly won't be a JD. The tractor has just 600 hours and works great but it has had it's problems. Parts as you can see are stupid high and ordering parts and service is SLOW. I do like the size because it's easy to trailer and pull with my 1/2 ton truck but strong enough to do decent at the club.

My dad had a 3130 Kubota that my brother has now. Absolutely no issues - no repairs - strong - great tractor. I'd definitely go Kubota over JD any day. Maybe K will have parts and service issues when the time comes but I'm frustrated enough that I'm ready for anybody but JD.

I'd like more HP - just can't afford the added cost of a truck and trailer strong enough to safely transport when I need it.

arrendale8105

I bought this tractor earlier this year and love it. Its the Kabota L3301. Pulls the 5ft harrow in 4wd with no problem (doesnt bog the motor but tires slip in 2wd). It just seemed heavier built than the JD tractors i looked at. Also i was looking for a deal and came across it. It is a 2014 model that had 2 hrs on it that had been on a lot and i got a steal on it. Not Hydrostatic transmission but i grew up driving tractors without it and it doesn't bother me. Got it with the FEL, box blade, and upgraded to a heavy duty Bush Hog 6ft mower. Already had the harrow. Everyone in my family farms except me and i always had access to a tractor and implements but just got tired of having to go over, borrow a tractor, drop what they had hooked up to said tractor, hook up what i needed to use, drive to where i needed it and use it, take back, unhook what i used, and hook back up what the tractor originally had hooked to it. I love having it at my house to use as i please. Its amazing what you can do with the FEL also.

Attachments

• Tractor.jpg
    Tractor.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1,270