Franklin County Young Farmers Auction Spring 2017

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I was looking to get a single shank subsoiler. Both the ones I saw sell brought almost the retail price I can get a new one for at TSC.

I saw some items go too cheap as well. My brother got an 8 ft truck ladder rack for $10. I got a 3pt hitch trailer mover for $25.

I missed out on some items due to all the crowd and multiple simultaneous sales.

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
It's baaaaaack

October 7 same place

Forest Grump

I was looking to get a single shank subsoiler. Both the ones I saw sell brought almost the retail price I can get a new one for at TSC.

I saw some items go too cheap as well. My brother got an 8 ft truck ladder rack for $10. I got a 3pt hitch trailer mover for $25.

I missed out on some items due to all the crowd and multiple simultaneous sales.

Hey, get your local tractor dealer, or go directly to them, since you are up there: to order you a single subsoiler from Dirt dog mfg. It has a shear pin, & is parabolic, so you can pull more with less tractor... YEAH!! You will pay more, but you will find it well worth it later.

Pay attention to the length; you need to be able to lift it off the ground; order the shorter length in most cases.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
We gonna meet again for lunch Milkman? I would like to get together with some more guys from here

K80Shooter

I plan on being there again, don't need anything, just looking.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I inspected everything this evening. They had at least two 5 ft harrows, a tripod deer stand and a couple of other stands. Didn't seem to have as much "small stuff" as before. But they were still bringing things in while I was there plus all day Friday might bring in even more.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I won't be able to be there. Some health issues and trying to get a project finished at work will hinder me. Also, my 40th class reunion is that afternoon.

Maybe next time guys

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I inspected everything this evening. They had at least two 5 ft harrows, a tripod deer stand and a couple of other stands. Didn't seem to have as much "small stuff" as before. But they were still bringing things in while I was there plus all day Friday might bring in even more.

Did you notice any mid size tractors with loaders?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
There was a MF, I think, I would guess it'd be a 45-60 HP range.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Did anyone make it? I went to bid on one thing and it started about where I would be stopping at. I had a good time, enjoyed the BBQ sam-ich and fried apple pie.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Did anyone make it? I went to bid on one thing and it started about where I would be stopping at. I had a good time, enjoyed the BBQ sam-ich and fried apple pie.

I was there. I was interested in the 33 hp MF with loader. But it sold for $1k over my limit. It is probably worth it but not being able to get on it and use it a little makes me more conservative.

Bought some extra bicycles for the grand kids and an extra push mower for the wife

There was some insider trading that went on the days before the sale. Several items that were showing on face book were gone before the sale.

K80Shooter

I was there for a little while, what I was interested in (Stihl 044 chainsaw) also started at more than I thought it should bring. They could not even get it to hit much less start.

Also K80 his wife and one daughter was there for a while.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I was there. I was interested in the 33 hp MF with loader. .

Bought an extra push mower for the wife

Was that the one in the center section? If so I had it figured for more HP.

Now that's a man who loves his wife. Wish I could have thought of it and be that romantic

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Was that the one in the center section? If so I had it figured for more HP.

Now that's a man who loves his wife. Wish I could have thought of it and be that romantic

It was the one at top of the hill in the center. It was one of the MF made by Iseki. I looked it up on my phone while looking it over. I couldnt identify what year model it was by serial number. They made that model from 2005-2014. But FB showed several tractors with loaders sitting there in the pictures posted. One JD that was like I want but it wasnt there yesterday.

Yeah Im such a romantic. The mower is even self propelled.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Milkman I sent you a PM