Goose load

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am thinking about doing a little Canada Goose hunting/shooting.I'll be shooting a Benelli M1, no calls or decoys. They fly over my house every morning and evening and I would just like to try one or two for the table. I will certainly check and comply with the regulations.
What loads and chokes are recommended and what range to limit to?

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
BB loads are the best. Are you gonna try to pass shoot them? When decoying, I like a more open choke. But if you're trying to pass shoot, maybe a modified. Any tighter, you may blow the pattern or damage the barrel with the tight choke and steel shot

Barebowyer

X2 on the modified choke and some BBs. I just killed many of them last week with that combo....#2s are fine and even #3s will do the trick when decoying close. I just shot the Browning BDX loads in #3 last week on the water and was extremely impressed as to how they folded up the geese(greaters too!). I think BBs and a modified will be your best for the pass shooting! Good luck!

Uptonongood

Take an hour and go pattern your gun with several chokes. It will help you in figuring your effective pattern at the range you plan to shoot.

BigSwole

If your pass shooting geese, I would def recommend BB in 3 or 3.5"

Also this is probably a legitimate time for an extended range choke. You want to crumple them when you hit them, if you just hit them with a couple BBs they can and will sail for hundred + yards. Then you'll just be wounding them and lowering your chances of recovering them.

Code black goose and kent 3" BBs did well in my remington. I haven't bought an extended range choke for my benelli bc factory mod has been all I've needed. Bt if I was pass shooting geese again I'd probably look into that again.

LOVEMYLABXS

I pretty much just shoot Kent 3" # 1s out of my 870 for ducks and geese and do ok. Bu then I do like decoying them in close and shooting them in the face .....