Saw my first white hen turkey today

Worlldbeater

While sitting on a clover patch at Horse Creek WMA this morning I saw an almost white hen with 3 other hens. Her head was almost solid white and her body also except for the tail. I have seen pics of them before but never one in the wild. It was quite a wonderful sight and a hunt I will not forget. God can sure give you some wonderful sights in the great outdoors. I really felt blessed even though I did not see any deer.

DRBugman85

My Grand Father told me about the ghost turkeys that he had seen,Many years later I saw my 1st ghost turkey a hen I have been blessed to have see it.Been back many times and never have seen any sense. I still look for it but haven't yet.

DRBugman85

Smoky Grays are rarely seen after hunting turkeys and seeing one it amazing what mother nature has out in the wild. I talked to a buddy it North Carolina he has see 2 in over 50 years of hunting and that was while he was deer hunting also. I understand that there are videos of these turkeys on YouTube.

killerv

Pretty cool

Strangest hen I ever saw was almost completely black, head a dark dark gray, she had a beard. Color of a black vulture but in a hen turkey shape and form. No iridescence in the feathers. Saw her twice that year with other hens, definitely some pigment/hormone thing going on.

T-N-T

I have seen three
One up close while deer hunting. Came by with a big flock as I sat in the climber.

Other two were as I was driving.

I guess we have a gene pool full of em in my neighborhood

Swamprat

Swamprat
I have seen two, 1 in Ga and the other in SC. All with a good size flock and during deer season. Never saw them during turkey season.

six

I've seen a couple around Cades Cove/Gatlinburg area over the years. But I have never seen one anywhere else.

blt152

I have had the good fortune to see one on a piece of public hunting land in northeast Ohio. I saw her several years in a row. She would show up in a field along with several regular colored hens in the spring. Real pretty bird, a silvery gray color.

Worlldbeater

spurrs and rack: "tame bird that has taken up with wild flock"

s&r[/QUOTE]

I guess that is possible. Nearest farm is 2 miles and that is not that far. Don't know if they had a hen go a missing. I could try to get a trail cam pic.