Peoples Lake - North GA

whitetailfreak

There is some intermittent nf prior to getting to the Lake, but once past the lake you are on NF for the most part. Stop in Chatsworth at the NF office and get a good map of the area.

The mtn man

I'm gonna go scout it out this weekend, anybody want to join me? Might bring my fly rod and my sein digging stick.

hunter_463

There is some intermittent nf prior to getting to the Lake, but once past the lake you are on NF for the most part. Stop in Chatsworth at the NF office and get a good map of the area.
stopped today and got me a map and asked them. They said lake back you should be good

Russdaddy

Heard Guy on a Buffalo saw a dandy up there this weekend, no shot but he is going back. Estimated to be in the 140's....

TheTroutWhisperer

Used to turkey hunt up there a lot and raised just a couple miles away. Got tons of memories from those hills. Need to get my butt back up there next spring. Yes, the guy from one of the posts is correct Those hills WILL separate the men from the boys.

Whompascat

I took everyones advice and tried it out.
Not as high profile as y'all made it out to be.
Did not see a deer the whole week I was there

dhsnke

I started hunting peeples lake 3 years ago. Here are 3 of the bucks I have killed. I really enjoy the challenge of hunting there.

Attachments

• !cid__20151124_110631_.jpg
    !cid__20151124_110631_.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 231
  • !cid__20151111_081717_.jpg
    !cid__20151111_081717_.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 231
  • !cid__20151124_103703_.jpg
    !cid__20151124_103703_.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 234

Russdaddy

I took everyones advice and tried it out.
Not as high profile as y'all made it out to be.
Did not see a deer the whole week I was there

How far in did you go? There aren't a ton of deer like down south but the ones that are here sometimes huge!

Russdaddy

Well another year, another batch of incredible Trail Cam photos coming in from People's Lake. Bow Season should be on fire! Muscadines are dropping real early and a few persimmon trees are starting to ripen up. Bears all over them!!!!

Etoncathunter

Well another year, another batch of incredible Trail Cam photos coming in from People's Lake. Bow Season should be on fire! Muscadines are dropping real early and a few persimmon trees are starting to ripen up. Bears all over them!!!!
Any pics of the elk? :biggrin2:

ucfireman

Where is Peoples lake? Google shows Ga, Are the Elk pics from somewhere else? I was going to go to NC in a few weeks but may go earlier if the elk are rutting there.

XJfire75

Where is Peoples lake? Google shows Ga, Are the Elk pics from somewhere else? I was going to go to NC in a few weeks but may go earlier if the elk are rutting there.

They’re kidding.

shootemall

I heard people's lake is the only place in the South East with Eastern, Rio and Merriam turkeys, plus there's a few mule deer running around with the elk and whitetail.