All trail cam activity is a night?

Question- I have two cams on our land that have picked up 5-6 different bucks in the last 2 weeks but all those pics are either close to midnight or at 8pm or so. Obviously these are areas where we have feeders, deer cane out so I know bucks will be careful but is it concerning that we have no bucks show up during hunting hours?

Thanks

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Adapt to the deer and use one of these on your feeder!

hogunderfeeder.png

Browning Slayer

Question- I have two cams on our land that have picked up 5-6 different bucks in the last 2 weeks but all those pics are either close to midnight or at 8pm or so. Obviously these are areas where we have feeders, deer cane out so I know bucks will be careful but is it concerning that we have no bucks show up during hunting hours?

Thanks

How much land are you talking? They've got to be moving in between those 2 cameras. I run a ton of cameras on my land and right now, they are hitting acorns "HARD" and not touching my plots.

How much land are you talking? They've got to be moving in between those 2 cameras. I run a ton of cameras on my land and right now, they are hitting acorns "HARD" and not touching my plots.

About 300 acres. Land owner behind us is family...land isn't hunted and it's about 250 acres. Had a big timber cutting earlier this year on our side and was concerned this might have driven them to the areas not being cut on other family's land?

It's strange.

Browning Slayer

About 300 acres. Land owner behind us is family...land isn't hunted and it's about 250 acres. Had a big timber cutting earlier this year on our side and was concerned this might have driven them to the areas not being cut on other family's land?

It's strange.

The timber cutting didn't cause your nocturnal problem and should be providing a good bit of food. 2 cameras on 300 acres won't tell you the story of what is really going on. My guess is, there are plenty of deer moving around. 2 cameras only show you what walks right in front of that camera and right now the deer are hitting acorns in my part of the state and not touching anything else. I've got some pics of deer in my plots but the majority of them are not. The 2 deer we killed 2 weeks ago were slap full of acorns. Not much greenery in their stomach contents at all! I'm expecting that they'll start hitting the plots in a few weeks.