Why is it that the sec schedules....

SpotandStalk

Yep. You have to have blinders on to not realize the reality that the SEC is heads and shoulders above the other conferences. In the last decade the SEC Champion (aka the winner of the Iron bowl) has dominated the National Championships. Alabama is 4-1 and Auburn is 1-1.

The fact you have to bring up the last decade further proves my point.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Somebody's going to be eating a big plate of crow in a couple weeks. I hope it ain't me::;

across the river

You need to lay off the bottle brother weagle. The sec as a conference isn't near as good as they used to be. There is NO competition in the east and only 2 teams in the west that are even relevant. Only 2 of those teams have a chance at the playoff

It doesn't really matter at this point. There is one teams in the BIG 10 with legitimate playoff hopes, one in the BIG 12, nonE in the PAC 12 and two in the ACC. You started the whole thread saying the games at the end of the season matter the most. There are three top five caliber teams, according to the rankingS and not your opinion, in the SEC. Auburn is one of them. If they beat the other two as #1 and another at # say 4 or 5, they will have been 3 top ten, likely 5 teams in the last four weeks. It doesn't matter what vanderbilt is ranked.

SpotandStalk

7 of the last 10 years, about to be 8 of 11

Only 1 since the 2012 season though.....So no, that's no longer a valid argument. Who cares what the past holds, we're discussing this year's playoffs.

And we'll see about the 8 of 11. I don't see any team in the top 4 that can't compete against Bama.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
It doesn't really matter at this point. There is one teams in the BIG 10 with legitimate playoff hopes, one in the BIG 12, nonE in the PAC 12 and two in the ACC. You started the whole thread saying the games at the end of the season matter the most. There are three top five caliber teams, according to the rankingS and not your opinion, in the SEC. Auburn is one of them. If they beat the other two as #1 and another at # say 4 or 5, they will have been 3 top ten, likely 5 teams in the last four weeks. It doesn't matter what vanderbilt is ranked.
Well, since you brought up the big10. What if 2 loss tOSU wins the big10 CG with 2 losses. Why shouldn't they be in. Their 2 losses are comparable to auburn and sos is about the same. And I was referring to teams like Alabama scheduling fcs opponents at the end of the year

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Guth, how dare you talk about a powerhouse like Mercer.

bullgator

Well, since you brought up the big10. What if 2 loss tOSU wins the big10 CG with 2 losses. Why shouldn't they be in.

That sounds like a question for last years Penn State!

groundhawg

Oh please. When was the last time an sec team played in Norman Oklahoma? The big house in Ann Arbor? The shoe in Columbus? OSU will come to your town to play as long as you come to our town.

If they play OSU that would just be another cupcake, walk in the park game. :yeah:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Guth, how dare you talk about a powerhouse like Mercer.

Ikr. GA scheduled their cupcakes early and they play 2 power 5 non conference games. BOTH are away games. I'd still have GA ranked ahead of Bama for that reason alone

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Well, since you brought up the big10. What if 2 loss tOSU wins the big10 CG with 2 losses. Why shouldn't they be in.

That sounds like a question for last years Penn State!

^^this^^

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ohio State fans are a joke.. You morons lose and always expect to be given a free pass..

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Have you seen them play this year? When they win they win biggly. The Iowa game is going to sting for awhile.

I've seen them and when they play somebody decent they lose!

bullgator

We beat a #12 Michigan state team 48-3. Pretty good team

Pfffft.....even Northwestern beat Michigan State.

Now you need to tell us how great Northwestern is :rolleyes:..

Jason280

If Auburn wins out then Auburn and Alabama will be in the playoff.

Not necessarily.

Wisconsin beats Ohio State, they're in as an undefeated team. Winner of Miami/Clemson is in. SEC Champion is in. Oklahoma wins the Big 12 Championship, they're in. An undefeated Miami and Wisconsin are not getting left out, so that really only leaves one spot...and I really don't see a 1-loss Oklahoma getting snubbed (if they win the Big 12).

Alabama, especially if its not a close loss to Auburn, could very easily drop out of the CFP Top 4. Now, if its a really close game with Auburn, then who knows...but I wouldn't like my chances if the other teams win out.

across the river

Well, since you brought up the big10. What if 2 loss tOSU wins the big10 CG with 2 losses. Why shouldn't they be in. Their 2 losses are comparable to auburn and sos is about the same. And I was referring to teams like Alabama scheduling fcs opponents at the end of the year

Because in the history of college football there have only been like three teams that have beaten 3 top ten teams in the same year. If Auburn does it(likely all top 5), they go, period. Their two losses were for a combined 12 points. The loss to Clemson was the first game with a new quarterback, and in the LSU loss they had two OL out and the starting linebacker was hurt. Like it or not the committee considers that stuff, consider the Clemson loss with the QB out. OSU got there eyes beat out twice by a combined 36 points, in large part because your QB is great one week and looks like he has never thrown a pass the next.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Pfffft.....even Northwestern beat Michigan State.

Now you need to tell us how great Northwestern is :rolleyes:..

Ok. They've won 6 or 7 in a row and are ranked 22. A quality team. They're 8 and 3 likely to win 9 games. And go to a pretty good bowl game. How many sec teams are going to have 9 wins?