PC hunting video games?

rubicon_in_ga

I've never played any of the hunting video games out there, and was looking for some suggestions. I've heard some are more like arcade games, just point and shoot, but I'm looking for something that's pretty close to the real thing. Ideally, I'd love to find one that I could use as a simulator/training aid for real life hunting since I'm new to hunting, and could use all the help I can get.

Any suggestions?

Cleankill47

A good one, if you can find it, is Bird Hunter Upland Edition. I had it forever until I let a friend borrow it then he moved, and of course, then my computer crashed. Lost it. It was my favorite computer game, and if I still had it, it still would be.

Then there's Deer hunt 2004, Bear hunter, Shark Hunter, and a few others. I'd look on Ebay. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm gonna do right now!

A lot of the old hunting games are really good, but the new ones aren't, they have a plot, consisting mostly of "Shoot as many deer as you can in the time limit" Terrible example to set or follow. Don't get them.

teethdoc

Cabella's Deer Hunting is awesome. You have to find a good spot, set up down wind, and wait. It's addictive as it gets close to fall and the fever starts.