Penalties for shooting deer out of season?

deerhunter79

We had some trespassers here not to long ago. I found 3 deer carcasses with the hams gone, head gone, and most of the meat. I set up some imfor red cameras to see if I could get a pic of the truck but they haven't been back. What could they be charged with shooting deer out of season and poaching???

mtr3333

Banned
Hunting at night with the aid of imfored light scopes is bad too.

papachaz

did you call the game warden out there? you need to if you didn't and let him make a report, that way they don't charge you with it if they just happen up on it.

snookdoctor

Poaching is not a charge. It's a term used to cover the unlawful pursuit and killing of wildlife. Poacher is used to describe the lowdown scum that go poaching.

Old Bart

You can mold tire tracks to match up to specific vehicles. This can be a deciding factor to identify who is poaching on your land. Hope you can catch these dirt bags.

nmorgan83

hunting deer at night hunting from road hunting from vehicle unlawful possession of wildlife littering unlawful concealment of wildlife trespassing.....trust me if they get caught and they probably will these charges and possibly more can lead up to some high fines possible lose of hunting rights and license....stay on them u will catch them

deerhunter79

I worked things out guys, turns out, it's the farmer next to me. He has a license to kill deer out of season and his road was to muddy to drive on and had to go through my trail to get out. Thanks for the concern people!

snookdoctor

I worked things out guys, turns out, it's the farmer next to me. He has a license to kill deer out of season and his road was to muddy to drive on and had to go through my trail to get out. Thanks for the concern people!

Got him a license to trespass, too?:fine:

Plus, farmers with a "license to kill" have to leave the deer where they drop. They can't take the hams and the head. So, either your farmer friend is poaching, or someone else is poaching your land by trespassing and removing deer meat from the "007" deer.

Forest Grump

Why would he take the heads? A crop depredation permit only allows you to kill antlerless deer. Permits for antlered bucks have to be for places that can prove specific damage to the crop by bucks, such as orchards & nurseries with bucks rubbing the trees. Gotta keep track of them too, & prove you didn't violate, plus pass a background check for you and any assistant shooters on the permit. You can use or donate the meat now; once upon a time it had to be left to lay, but that has changed as far as I know.

Sounds like you need to get your DNR friend & your farmer neighbor together for a little chat...

deerhunter79

Why would he take the heads? A crop depredation permit only allows you to kill antlerless deer. Permits for antlered bucks have to be for places that can prove specific damage to the crop by bucks, such as orchards & nurseries with bucks rubbing the trees. Gotta keep track of them too, & prove you didn't violate, plus pass a background check for you and any assistant shooters on the permit. You can use or donate the meat now; once upon a time it had to be left to lay, but that has changed as far as I know.

Sounds like you need to get your DNR friend & your farmer neighbor together for a little chat...
He get the skulls for decoration

deerhunter79

Got him a license to trespass, too?:fine:

Plus, farmers with a "license to kill" have to leave the deer where they drop. They can't take the hams and the head. So, either your farmer friend is poaching, or someone else is poaching your land by trespassing and removing deer meat from the "007" deer.

? I thought you had to skin them, dress them, and all that stuff... And his road was to missy so he had to go through my trail. No harm done.