Duck Hunting ("Shooting Preserve") near Commerce

Status
Not open for further replies.

GH22

Anybody know of this place or heard anything about it. I had someone telling me about it but didn't have time to get any contact info about it. He called it a "Shooting Preserve" near Commerce where you paid for a days worth of hunting ducks with everything taken care of such as decoys, calling, food, etc.

Hunk

I've not heard of it

but if you find out let me know, might be a real good place to do some dog training. Thinking of getting a lab or chessy

phillip

GH22 said:
I'll let you know as soon as I find something out.

there is a place in homer just north of commerce but i can't remember the name of it.i'll go by there today to see if its still open.

Ga-Spur

It is in Homer. The ducks are raised there and released to fly back to their home area. I forget what the prices are but they are within reason. It is similar to hunting in the North when the mallards have not been shot at any. They continue to circle like up North where they will come around 10 times.It is a lot cheaper than going out to Arkansas.

Nitro

Banned
Please don't confuse preserve bird killing with hunting. Call places like this what they are.

Perhaps it may be "cheaper" than Arkansas. In Arkansas and anywhere else you HUNT wild, migratory waterfowl there is extra work and expense involved.This is the case anytime you hunt animals fairchase.

No penraised bird killing for me thanks.

phillip

allen's fly-a-way
706-677-2019
don't know how they hunt or if they still hunt.all i done was ride by and got the info.but the gr*** was high and it looked vacant.building & dog kennel looked nice.give them a call to find out all i can tell ya

agarr said:
Please don't confuse preserve bird killing with hunting. Call places like this what they are.

Perhaps it may be "cheaper" than Arkansas. In Arkansas and anywhere else you HUNT wild, migratory waterfowl there is extra work and expense involved.This is the case anytime you hunt animals fairchase.

No penraised bird killing for me thanks.

EON

pin raised birds

I'm with Agarr on this one. It you just want to shoot something and don't realy want to duck hunt then maybe this is the thing for you, but it's not duck hunting. I've seen those operations and basicaly it's alot like shooting pigions trying to come home to the roast. They will come in and land, that's a given. But it's not hunting.

d_white

Banned
Bump.
Did you ever find the info on this place? With opening day quickly approachin I'm lookin for a place to do some duckin!

Ducks4Me

Banned
Hey Band we can catch us some dock ducks from Alatoona and shoot those. They got some nice lookin Muscovies down at Little River.

d_white

Banned
I don't care so much about the hunting.
It's all about being able to have coffee with some friends, see the sun rise, and watch some good dog work! The live skeet shoot is just icing on the cake!

clent586

Are we talkin about Skeeter Ranch? That place is awesome boys! Lobster, Steak, and about 75% of the mallards are banded! What more could you want! Here is the link, http://www.huntmallards.com/index.html
so no one get confused. C'mone Band,D-White...Roadtrip?

clent586

Hey Bandchaserz, a buddy of mine has a wisker fish farm in Danielsville which is close, we can catch wisker fish and shoot mallards, just like Arkansas....just this side of the Mississsippi!

d_white

Banned
Do we have to bait hooks and actually pull the catfish in ourselves? I'd rather the guide just shock them, pick them up floating, skin and cook them for me. Now THAT'S fishin!

clent586

Do we have to bait hooks and actually pull the catfish in ourselves? I'd rather the guide just shock them, pick them up floating, skin and cook them for me. Now THAT'S fishin!

It is set up on a slough system, it depends on your skill level and how much you wanna work for them. Slough #1 is a DIY...bait hook, 3 seconds later lift up and place whisker fish in bucket. Slough #2 He baits hook, 3 seconds later you lift rod and place whisker fish in bucket. Slough #3 is not a slough at all, there is a cash register and a freezer full of fresh caught filets just ready for the fryer. My kinda fishin'!

d_white

Banned
Yea we better go with slough 2 or 3. I mean, I'm a DIY kinda guy...but I plan on taking and working my own dog and calling to the ducks myself, so I may just be plum tuckered out after that!!

jgr

We live on a 500 acre cypress pond a few years back the owner raised 1000 or so mallards. He would put shooters on platforms all around one side of the pond then run around and flush the birds. It was a sight to see all those ducks in the air. Of course a couple of us who own property out here got to shoot quite a few for free. After the venture failed to make any money it was abandoned. The mallards that were left stayed around and became feral and raised a few broods. THIS WAS NOT HUNTING JUST SHOOTING.

Status
Not open for further replies.