75 Lb. 6 ft. long bobcat?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Not unless it's near a nuclear waste dump. I saw a pic of one from around here years ago that supposedly weighed right at 50# and looked like it did, but even that is really, really unusually huge. All of them I've ever killed or caught have been between 15-30#

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
i saw the largest cat i have ever seen cross iris drive at the soulcrest mall.it ran across the road, almost coliding with a oncomming car. it may have gone over 30 lbs.:cool::biggrin2:::ke::bounce::bounce:

ambush80

Someone needs to go to Oconee WMA and hunt some "cats". You can't miss their spoor. It's all, over the road. Looks like human poops with hair and bones in it, the old ones are all chalky looking.

ylhatch

Someone needs to go to Oconee WMA and hunt some "cats". You can't miss their spoor. It's all, over the road. Looks like human poops with hair and bones in it, the old ones are all chalky looking.

i believe u r seeing coyote poop

capt stan

I have personally seen and had hands on a 55 lb bob cat. That was many years ago and in the mnt's of Tenn.. this thing was HUGE!! A 75 lber would be like a small cougar!

dakotajoe

I got a 40lb+ As I understand it the record weight for a coon is over 100 lb.

I don't know about 100 lbs but i caught one trapping in SD that went 56 lbs. biggest coon I ever saw.

shakey gizzard

Trapped a few Lynx up here and never had one over 50lbs.

Never had a Bobcat over 35lbs though either.

Which makes the entire 50+lb Bobcats of the south a anachronism to Bergmann's rule of geographical distribution of animal body size.

Which means nothing else but expect the unexpected!!

Mike
Must be a lynx x bobcat hybrid.