camden county outlaws at it again

holton27596

Had a sweet hound show up at my house trhe other night with a tracking collar. Not the dogs fault, but it is 5-10 miles to the closest place to be able to legally dog hunt. No clubs over 700 acres anywhere near me.:banginghe

holton27596

yep, dang nigh all the way to the brunswick city limits. aint no way they are hunting legal and ive NEVER seen a game warden checking them.

specialk

it's possible for a deer dog to get off that far away......is coon hunting with dogs allowed? might be a coon hound???

b rad

yep, dang nigh all the way to the brunswick city limits. aint no way they are hunting legal and ive NEVER seen a game warden checking them.

I know for a fact that they are night hunting up there for deer and they even hunt on 95 shooting pigs off the interstate they travel exit 22 and shining saw a few trucks shining the side of the road leaving Nahunta

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You sure it wasn't a coon dog or hog dog?

T-N-T

I have never night hunted deer with dogs.
Lights usually do well enough

holton27596

There also is no hog or coon hunting with dogs allowed anywhere near me. Over 10,000 acres here and none of it is approved for dog hunting.

holton27596

thats right, landowners do not approve of it and our 10000 acres is a very small portion here where its not allowed thanks to rogue dog hunters. I grew up hunting with dogs and its a shame that a few cn mess things up for a lot. I would not be surprised to see deer hunting with dogs done away with in 10-15 years.

specialk

I would not be surprised to see deer hunting with dogs done away with in 10-15 years.

I agree....I also think hunting in general will be done away with in the next 50 years.....

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Had a sweet hound show up at my house trhe other night with a tracking collar. Not the dogs fault, but it is 5-10 miles to the closest place to be able to legally dog hunt. No clubs over 700 acres anywhere near me.:banginghe

I feel your pain. I deal with the nonsense every year. All the money they have invested in tracking collars doesn't seem to do much good. Plus, they use too many dogs and not enough standers to control them. Using those big dogs that can cover an entire county in a blink of an eye, don't help much either.

That's the problem. Not enough wardens to patrol these areas and most dog hunters know it. Plus, dog hunters will usually have a lookout parked somewhere looking for wardens, and call to warn the others when one has been spotted. Haven't you ever noticed the single dog truck pulled to the side of the road, before reaching all the other dog trucks further down the road? They think they're slick! But hey, I guess it works for them. :bounce:

Oh, and remember, they ONLY use their CBs for non-hunting purposes! :D

YjkEK0YpdFvWg.gif

yea them deer dog clubs are all over up there

Too many!