Dec. 08, 2016 walk

dm/wolfskin

My walk today didn't yield a squirrel or deer but I did get a dove for the pot. Two armadillos were out and about at midday but that was their mistake. No they aint going in the pot. Only 2 squirrels seen. I guess I'm going to fix me something cajun with the squirrel, dove and some of the deer meat.

Attachments

• dove12-8-16a.jpg
    dove12-8-16a.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 633
  • dillo1a12-8-16.jpg
    dillo1a12-8-16.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 660
  • dillo212-8-16a.jpg
    dillo212-8-16a.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 667

AllAmerican

Nice job sir! Dove: is that those footed shafts? Dillo: tell us about that aluminum arrow set up, that a custom broadhead? Looks cool great shooting.

dm/wolfskin

Just the arrow with the dove is footed. Its a aluminum2117 about 2 inches long over a GT 1535. The nock end is about a half inch long. I watched a video on you tube on how to make a footed shaft. My two dillo arrows are old aluminum 2219 I had laying around. Dillos usually breaks your arrow. I've shot 4 dillos so far with this 2219. I know a dillos will eventually break it. Wood and carbon go down fast in a dillo. The broadhead are made by Mr. Abert Sullivan. The broadhead is made from a field point modified and the metal point is from a band saw blade.

AllAmerican

Just the arrow with the dove is footed. Its a aluminum2117 about 2 inches long over a GT 1535. The nock end is about a half inch long. I watched a video on you tube on how to make a footed shaft. My two dillo arrows are old aluminum 2219 I had laying around. Dillos usually breaks your arrow. I've shot 4 dillos so far with this 2219. I know a dillos will eventually break it. Wood and carbon go down fast in a dillo. The broadhead are made by Mr. Abert Sullivan. The broadhead is made from a field point modified and the metal point is from a band saw blade.

Cool thanks for sharing, I know a 2219 is a heavy, pretty stiff arrow, nice job.

oldfella1962

Cool thanks for sharing, I know a 2219 is a heavy, pretty stiff arrow, nice job.

I honestly didn't know people still shot aluminum arrows these days. They used to be very popular when I first started shooting a bow back in the 70's. What are the advantages/disadvantages of aluminum over wood or carbon? Too bad you have armadillos on your property - I hate those things.

Barry Duggan

U a killer Mikey, and it appears your hunting property has a lot of stuff on it that needs killing. Carry on.