Benchmade knives

riverbank

I don't doubt that they make an excellent blade. I love knives, And to be honest if I just had the extra money laying around I would probably own one myself. But for a guy like me, (poor) I can't see anything more than a good USA made Kershaw. I've carried Kershaw knives for a Long time. I currently have the Kershaw "link" in my pocket. Its an excellent knife for the money in my opinion. I also really like one they make that I think is called the "leek" I always got the black one when I carried that knife. Didn't mean to get way off subject. I bet benchmade makes a good quality knife, its just my opinion that for the workin man there are better options out there.

bandit819

My ex-wife gave me a benchmade with a tanto blade as a gift when I completed my first SWAT school 25 years ago. The wife is gone, I'm retired now and the benchmade is still with me in my go bag. Worth the money? In my opinion, yes.

jigman29

I got a brand new one in a trade and really like it. It was about 250.00 new and I carried it for a couple years. Only thing was it was a little big and didn't make a good knife for cleaning deer. I know they are not really for that but I use a knife for everything. My only real problem is that it's an auto opening knife and having a carry permit I am legal to own it in ga. But Benchmade won't warranty it without me being military or leo. I think it's a federal law that they can't ship across state lines to an individual. That being said, I would recommend the knives in general.

DannyW

I have a Benchmade mini-griptillian (sp?). Wonderful knife, an everyday carry for around $100, but I just can't sharpen it. Even on a Wicked Edge sharpening tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a benchmade owner I like the Benchmade knives. They are a little pricey to begin with but have a lifetime warranty. BM will resharpen and go through the knives replacing any worn parts, springs, pocket clips, screws, etc. At one time, they replaced broken blades free, however so many people were breaking tips off using the knife as a screwdriver or trying to pry something open, that they now charge $30 for a SS blade, $40 for a black one. Will sharpen everything but serrations when you return one for repairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

JonathanG2013

I have a Benchmade 940-1 and love it so far. The carbon fiber looks and feels great with the grip. The s90V steel is sharp and cuts like a hot knife through butter.

swampstalker24

I have one of the Benchmade HK models.... had it for bout 4 years now and still holding up. They are a bit spendy, but IMO that just gives me more incentive to keep up with it and not lose it like I've done with previous cheaper knives I've owned.

cmfireman

I've got a Benchmade Pinnacle that has been discontinued but I feel it is too nice to chance losing doing work around the farm.

I carry a little CRKT folder when I'm working, and the Benchmade when I'm out. Kind of a "church knife".

I do keep a Swedish Morakniv in all my vehicles, on my atv, in the house and on the boat though, awesome little fixed blades for the $$.

FlipKing

I have a fixed blade Benchmade Contego. I have had several people notice and admire it. The only blade I put over it is my handmade one that is from my wife's family.

Barfolomew

I have 2 Benchmade knives and like both of them. They will sharpen and go through the knife for $5 if you send it back to them. Both of them hold their edges really well and fit your hand, so no slippage.

IvyThicket

I've had 2 Benchmade knives and I love them. I lost one and broke another however (my fault).

I switched to the Kershaw Link and I haven't looked back since. For around $40 you can't beat them. Made in America and the 420HC is a very serviceable blade. Not only that but you get Kershaw's lifetime warranty. Field & Stream called it their best knife for under $40, for 2016. Seeing as how I can buy 3 for the price of 1 Benchmade and knowing the performance of both, I just don't see the difference to justify the price.

Just me however.

I bought my first Bench Made knife nearly 20 years ago. It was an automatic and I fell in love with BM knives. I now own several BMs mostly folders, a couple of assisted and another automatic.

I realize that I buy them for different reasons than most people. The quality of Bench Made knives are well known and desirable for collectors. When a new model that comes out and I like the look and feel, I buy it. I keep the original box with packaging together in a safe place.

I don't find them to be difficult to resharpen when it's needed. I will usually just touch them up after use with a strop and jeweler's rouge. I used the 5 stone Lansky sharpening system and more recently I've been using the Ken Onion Work Sharp.

KLBTJTALLY1

I've got a Bench that I've had for roughly 8-10 years. It's a 940 and still looks and is still great. If you want a fixed blade there are better knives for the money like TOPS and ESEE that have great warranties and steel.

Go to Bladehq.

AM1

This is a Benchmade Torrent given to me 3 years ago at the GeorgiaCarry annual convention by GCO Ex. Director Jerry Henry, for my activism and volunteer work for gun rights legislation. Custom engraving by Zac Brown's Southern Grind

Attachments

• jerry and I at convention.jpg
    jerry and I at convention.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 1,373
  • GCO KNIFE.jpg
    GCO KNIFE.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,327
Last edited:

Hoss78

This is a Benchmade Torrent given to me 3 years ago at the GeorgiaCarry annual convention by GCO Ex. Director Jerry Henry, for my activism and volunteer work for gun rights legislation. Custom engraving by Zac Bown's Southern Grind

Very nice!

alphachief

Yesterday I picked up this like new in the box BM 940BL Osbourne for a great price. You can find them used and in excellent shape for a fraction of the retail price. Very light, good looking and durable knife...and you can't beat that Benchmade service.

Attachments

• benchmade-940bk-osborne-design-axis-lock-folding-knife-14.jpg
    benchmade-940bk-osborne-design-axis-lock-folding-knife-14.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 1,034