Yeti Knock-offs?

tree cutter 08

Got a 73 quart Ozark trail. Spend a few more dollars and get the rtic. Every single bolt on that cooler has come loose. Eventually had to take each one off and expoxy the peices and bolts back on. All those peices should have been molded in. Other than that, it does great

T-N-T

I saw the yeti buckets in academy sports this week.
As far as buckets go, those things are top notch

I don't use a bucket That much or I would have likely spent the coin on one. They look like they would easily survive being thrown from a truck if you forgot to secure it.

BeerThirty

One of my buddies is in construction and he says those new Yeti 5-gallon bucks are worth every penny of the $40 they charge. He has not steered me wrong yet.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Got a 73 quart Ozark trail. Spend a few more dollars and get the rtic. Every single bolt on that cooler has come loose. Eventually had to take each one off and expoxy the peices and bolts back on. All those peices should have been molded in. Other than that, it does great

They have a 5 year warranty. Why didn't you just take it back?:huh:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My OT has held ice for over three weeks now. Of course, it's been below freezing most of that time. :)

LTZ25

I'm sure the knockoffs do fine , I take very hot coffee to shop every morning in Yeti jug stays hot for hours , yesterday I took coffee in a old but expensive Thermos brand bottle I found under my counter and its amazing how terrible those thing are compared
to Yeti like containers .

Papa Bear

I bought Ozark Trail 20 oz cup while on vacation in Florida 2 yrs ago and it still goes with me everyday to work and around home. I have the larger size too but like the 20 oz size better. I use mine almost as much without lid when home and still keeps ice all day.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I have a grizzly cooler and it doesn't hold ice any longer than my $5 yard sale coolers:banginghe thank goodness I got a deal on it

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Been using my OT 30 and 20 ounce cups for 2 years now, got a yeti as a gift...... still haven't used it yet. Put the yeti sticker on my old squirrel hunting truck so I could fit in with the rich folks.......lol

Horns

There are so many of those style coolers on the market now,, I don't know why anyone would pay the price of a Yeti, unless its about the prestige? I've come close to buying the largest roto molded cooler that Academy sports sells, its only about $200, which I believe is less than half what a Yeti goes for, and its made virtually the same way. Truth be known all of them are probably made in China anyway.

I have a 50 quart Magellan. Works perfectly for
$179 plus tax

The mtn man

The walmart OT tumblers are great, so are the coolers, but i did test them if anyone is interested. I have a yeti tundra35, I bought the OT of equivalent size, I put both in chest freezer at same time for approx 24 hours, I took them out and put a 10 pound bag of ice in each, I treated ice and coolers exactly the same, everything I did was exact same time frame, this was during the summer, I closed the lids, locked them down, sat them side by side in the garage, they both kept ice for several days, when the ice completely melted in the OT, the yeti still had some ice, I checked the yeti every afternoon until ice melted , the yeti kept ice 3 days longer than the OT. Although for most of us, the OT is a better value, but for those that don't care to spend 50% more on a cooler, the yeti is better according to my test, I don't know about the other brands, I'm gonna get one of those big Coleman coolers though.

T-N-T

the yeti is better according to my test, .

Get out of here with that!:whip::smash:

I saw a cooler at academy sports today that was the Jeep of coolers. It had big sturdy wheels, a storage compartment on the side, and big ol handle to drag it around. Straight up cool in my opinion.
I think it was $179???

T-N-T

$199
Bottle opener built in too. I mean that's a $9.95 value....

10657452.jpg

10657453.jpg

T-N-T

Also not the rod holders in the pic on the last post

This thing is a winner!

10657455.jpg

tree cutter 08

Its got the good old 304 AMC! I seen the same cooler at academy the other day. I did pick up one of there small coolers on sale for $79. It was a nice I think. Haven't tried it yet, and probably won't for a while with these temps we have now. May have to use it to keep drinks from freezing!

agwood1

I have a 45 quart RTIC cooler that works just as well as the Yeti coolers. Also have an RTIC softpak cooler, have used it many times fishing all day long and it keeps ice well.

Walker44

Ok I work PT in a Walmart , I have a regular customer who has products manufactured in CHINA . He said that when you go to inspect your production lines You are required to look at all the other production places in the area.
He said that he saw Yeti, Walmart and megalin all rolling off the same lines --- The lines forked and when the pieces went to the different lines they were made with a different logo or minor adjustments made to the product
They are all the same he claimed

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have had the same ice in my OT fake Yeti on the porch for going on a month and a half now. :)