New rifle scabbard and holster off the bench

Tigweldr

Here are a couple of things I’ve just finished.
Been doing leather work for about a year now.
Let me know what you think.
Scabbard is for a Rossi ranch hand.357
Holster is for a Thompson Encore .45/.410

Attachments

• 28CBAB97-956B-462F-8445-2A044257252B.jpeg
    28CBAB97-956B-462F-8445-2A044257252B.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 435703DC-A684-4C87-B848-DC57788EDCE4.jpeg
    435703DC-A684-4C87-B848-DC57788EDCE4.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 332
  • 0A6AE5B4-CDFD-41F1-950B-395E30EE1C85.jpeg
    0A6AE5B4-CDFD-41F1-950B-395E30EE1C85.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 335

Capt Quirk

I've seen these on the Leather Worker board! I like the scabbard for the Mare's Leg. Not sure about the holster. It looks nice, good work on both.

walkinboss01

Very nice work

Tigweldr

I've seen these on the Leather Worker board! I like the scabbard for the Mare's Leg. Not sure about the holster. It looks nice, good work on both.
Thanks
That holster is huge, but what the customer wanted. It’ll pull my britches down. Lol

QuakerBoy

Oh wow. That's really nice

Anvil Head

Nice work on both. How you like stitching up the bullet loops? Always thought they were the worst part when doing gun leather.

Anvil Head

Did my first ones by hand (way back when), learned to hate them. Have a machine for doing my sheaths and don't do much gun leather anymore, but my hands still have the memories.
Really glad someone out there enjoys doing gun leather.....I'd rather be shaping hot steel....just the way I'm wired.

Tigweldr

Did my first ones by hand (way back when), learned to hate them. Have a machine for doing my sheaths and don't do much gun leather anymore, but my hands still have the memories.
Really glad someone out there enjoys doing gun leather.....I'd rather be shaping hot steel....just the way I'm wired.

I have owned a welding and machine shop for 40 years and know how you feel about working steel.
Would still be there now if my Doctor hadn’t made me retire due to my cancer. I miss it sometimes. Still go by and hangout with my brother sometimes as he’s still running it.
Loved making knives and that’s what started me making leather products. Made some sheaths and it has grown into a business

Capt Quirk

I have found that I don't burn myself as much doing gun leather, as I would with hot steel. Much respect for those that do it.

Tigweldr

I have found that I don't burn myself as much doing gun leather, as I would with hot steel. Much respect for those that do it.

I don’t miss that part at all Capt.
my hands and arms have scars all over them from slag and splatter balls. Leather work is a whole lot easier and cleaner.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Very nice, I like them.

carver

Beautiful work

Anvil Head

I don't know, fire+heat+scale+flux splatter+edge testing=none of that annoying arm and nasal hair.
I do enjoy leather work and find the sheaths a bit of a relaxing deviation from forging....but still rather be forging for the most part.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nice work. I like that scabbard for the Mare`s Leg.