Dewalt vs Ridgid Job site table saw.

Luke0927

Anyone used or own a Ridid table saw? Their lifetime service agreement was pretty attractive.

I need to pickup a table saw for home/shop projects, I would have liked to stay under/around $400 that's where the Rigid falls, but up around ~$550 you can get the Dewalt job site saws that seem to have good reviews.

Duff

I've never had great luck with DEWALT tools other than the table saw. I've had one for 10 + years that's still going strong. And it's been used a lot. That said, Rigid, is usually good quality as well.

I would probably buy the DeWalt because mine has served me so well but you probably can't go wrong with either.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Dewalt switches, triggers and brushes are the worst. I don't have a piece of equipment made by them I haven't had to work on.

Switched to Rigid over a year ago and haven't had to touch a piece of it. Their tools and warranty are some of the best on the market, especially their cordless stuff.

Synopsis;

DeWalt = Pure Junk

Rigid = Will out work you and make you plenty of money.

Luke0927

I do not own anything Dewalt either, my hand power tools are Milwaukee, but I have heard the same as you about folks making a switch to Rigid and been happy.

I have heard others say Dewalt is not made up to the same standards it used to be.

Duff sounds like that that 10 year old saw has been a work horse.

rospaw

Neighbor has the Bosch 10" came with the wheel kit. He said he paid 600.00 at HD. Helped him rip 40 sheets of 3/4 ply with it. Really nice table saw. Saw cuts as good if not better than my Rockwell/Delta cast iron shop saw.

snookdoctor

Rigid is good quality. Make sure you register the batteries so the replacement warranty is valid if you buy their cordless tools.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Hard to beat that Rigid warranty, and I wasn't all that impressed with the Dewalt I had.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have switched to rigid from dewalt, good stuff.

BeerThirty

Another Ridgid vote, here! My buddy who has been in construction his whole life raves about Ridgid so much you would think he's paid by them. He eventually turned me onto Ridgid and no looking back. That LSA is super nice!

I will say this though...Milwaukee makes a fine product too, and their product line is way more diverse than Ridgid.

chadf

Fine a good used table saw off any local for sale site.

If u wanna run a dado, check the output shaft for the blade.

Artfuldodger

I would vote for Ridgid over Dewalt for power tools in general. I hope Dewalt's table saws work better than their cordless tools.

I've never owned either brand of table saw. The Dewalt table saws get good reviews on the net as does Ridgid as well.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Wow. I've got a bunch of dewalt tools. From cordless drills,electric drills,jig saws,sawzall. These get used on a daily basis for the most part. Ridgid won't stand up to the kind of work I do and I don't have time to mess with warranties. When a tool wears out it gets scrapped and I buy a new one. We use makita circular saws though. You can't beat them with a stick

tree cutter 08

I've had good luck with the dewalt stuff. Had a hammer drill go bad right off the bat but after reading reviews it must have been a bad design. Returned and got my money back.

madsam

Never have done well with Dewalt. They are over priced
Black n Decker. I have had good success with Rigid

Cmp1

BANNED
Dewalt,,,, China,,,,junk,,,,I own many Ridgid tools including their table saw,,,, cast iron table,,,, flat within. 003 in across it's length,,,, had a problem with the fence, scratched, sent me a brand new one,,,, had it in 2 days,,,, Imo,,,, the only better tools are Bosch,,,,

jigman29

The industry is changing so fast it is hard to keep up. I always use dewalt and will continue to do so. The rigid makes good stuff but we get longer life out of dewalt here at the plant so I will stick with them. But like mentioned above, I will take a Makita skill saw over any out there

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wow. I've got a bunch of dewalt tools. From cordless drills,electric drills,jig saws,sawzall.

Same here and mine all run like a champ. Don't know about table saws but my cordless Dewalt stuff is tip top.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Hand tools, I am working my way toward all Hitachi. Have 2 cordless drills, corded circular saw and sabre saw, nailer.
The 18v lithum cordless are tougher than Makitas and half the price.

Do have a dewalt miter saw(mounted on a hitachi stand). Had no problems out of it other that having to replace plug because corded dry rotted. Will have to replace entire cord before long.

If I ever wear out this old Craftsmen Table Saw I am going to look seriously at the Hitachi.

bany

I have rigid everything, more or less. Great warranty replacement. That said, I have the table saw on the folding legs and it’s been good but I would consider something else if I needed another one. Not saying it’s bad and it hasn’t been repaired either but it doesn’t have extreme hours and it’s showing signs of weakness