The Ghosts of November ***pictures finally***

UGATurkey

I enjoyed the story, and got to see a great buck! Thank you for sharing it.

trkyburns

Any hunter worth his or her salt knows of this great paradox. The paradox that says half shamefully, “I love you, but I must go. But only for a little while. Please be smiling when I come home.” It is selfish, but earnest. It is true and false at the same time. It is from a world that only a hunter knows and only a hunter can understand. It is joy and it is pain. It is like most things in life and as I lay next to my sleeping wife I felt thankful to be a part of its mystery. November 10th I stayed home.

I can't wait to show my wife this quote in hopes that it might help her understand, if only just a little bit. For me, it's turkey season, but this puts into words what I could never explain. This captures it perfectly. You are an incredibly gifted writer. :cheers:

Congrats on the ghost, he's a one of a kind specimen!

And please write more!

tween_the_banks

I can't wait to show my wife this quote in hopes that it might help her understand, if only just a little bit. For me, it's turkey season, but this puts into words what I could never explain. This captures it perfectly. You are an incredibly gifted writer. :cheers:

Congrats on the ghost, he's a one of a kind specimen!

And please write more!

Thank you trkyburns. I hope it helps your wife to understand. Thanks for taking the time to read all of that!

tween_the_banks

I was actually a little disappointed when the picture came. not because the deer wasn't impressive, I was just a little sad the story was over.

As an aspiring writer, this means a great deal to me. Thank you sir.

tween_the_banks

I must say this is one of the single best works of writing how we all feel, how we all can listen to the woods, learn from the deer and and nature, and be a part of what our primal instincts guide us to every autumn. Excellent, excellent writing young man. And the awesome deer you took is the culmination of your talents. Hats off.

Thank you so much. It really means a lot. The kindness here is unmatched on the internet.

tween_the_banks

Great….Great read tween the banks…….that was an awesome way to tell a hunting story.

Awesome Buck too…….I’ve never seen one quite like that….he looks extremely mature too! Congrats on the harvest!

Cletus T! It's been a while brother! Thanks a lot for taking the time to read all of that. The word press document was over 3000 words when I finished. So I guess I'm doing something right if I can get strangers to read that many words without getting bored haha.
Hope all is well!

walkinboss01

Awesome post and congrats on a great buck

Lukikus2

Nice buck. Congrats

I'm sorry...were you saying something? I just skipped down to the pictures! Nice buck...congrats!

I lost interest at the political opinion section and couldn't read any farther. Up to that point the writing was going pretty well.

alphachief

Nice buck. Congrats

I lost interest at the political opinion section and couldn't read any farther. Up to that point the writing was going pretty well.

Dont get me wrong...this isn't an issue with his writing skills...moreso an issue with my ever narrowing span of attention! :cheers:

dannyray49

Great story. It was so intriguing to read. What part of our county if i may ask? I am in the big city of Cassville.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a fine, gnarly, old buck, but the story itself was the trophy in this thread. It's a rare gift to even be able to notice and recognize all the feelings and emotions that comprise a hunt, much less articulate them on paper. Keep hunting, and keep writing about it.

dannyray49

Great deer. I loved reading your story about your hunt. What part of our county did you get him if i may ask. I live in Cassville

bamaboy

GREAT GREAT story!!! Your writing is wonderful!!! Loved reading it all, kept me interested!! Congrats on the GHOST!!