Ponderosa Trading Co. in the CSRA info.

Jhad

hey all i have some info on ponderosa trading co. for those of you interested. i did some searching and found a # on google, called and spoke with William.
We talked for a good while and he is currently doing buisness but the store isnt open yet. he said the store will be open first part of november for sure.
He helped me find a pistol i had been looking for and he was definitely the cheapest in town, he ordered it for me. took a couple of days to get in which was quite fast.
Overall i'd say i'll be definitely calling him again as well as visiting when it opens, great service and very nice. Unlike sydneys where you know you're going to get ripped off by several hundreds of dollars or be talked to like you're an idiot.
so if you are looking for something definitely give him a call.
here's the info

Ponderosa Trading Co.
706-554-4848

Jhad
"The man who wields a musket is only half the man who wields a blade? hah! so says the man with a bullet in his belly."

Dub

Just to clarify.....you ordered a gun & have already recieved it?

Not, ordered the gun and still waiting on it.????

I'm glad to hear the news that he's finally opening up, but it is sort of I'll believe it when I see it scenerio...at least for me.

I'm sure there was a ton of work going into his start-up and I look forward to his opening.

Is he still going to have the shooting range there ?

Jhad

correct, i've already ordered and received it. yep range will still be there long guns and pistol.

Dub

Talked to the fella today.

He said he'd be officially open for business next Monday.

He seemed super friendly and eager to do business. He was very much focused on having the lowest prices in the area.

Banned
Talked to the fella today.

He said he'd be officially open for business next Monday.

He seemed super friendly and eager to do business. He was very much focused on having the lowest prices in the area.

Dub is that Monday Nov.8th? Where is the store gonna be?

30-338

According to Google Ponderosa Trading Company will be located south of McBean. Just south of the highway 56 and highway 23 intersection there is a Ponderosa Road or Lane off of Highway 56. That is where the store is located according to Google.

Dub

According to Google Ponderosa Trading Company will be located south of McBean. Just south of the highway 56 and highway 23 intersection there is a Ponderosa Road or Lane off of Highway 56. That is where the store is located according to Google.

That meshes exactly with what the owner told me also.

He said to head out of town on HWY 56....enter into Burke County.....as soon as you pass the McBean (Mack-bean pronuciation for us locals) Mall put your turn signal on and look for Ponderosa Lane.

This being the McBean Mall:

2b57d892.jpg

This being Ponderosa Lane on your right:

1b39637c.jpg

I may swing buy there prior to an afternoon hunt next week....just depends on what I have going on.

There's not a thing in the world that I need or really want at this point...........well maybe the right .45-70.........yeah I'll swing by there.

I really hope he does well. He's advertised an outdoor 25 yd pistol and 100yd rifle ranges. That would be very nice. Fresh air and plenty of ammo for sale.:cheers:

I'd call first before I drove out there. He wasn't firm on his normal operating hours. I hope he will zero in on firm hours. Folks will be miffed if they make that drive out there only to see a closed sign on the door.

Last edited:

Dub

I thought he said the official opening was supposed to have been Nov. 9th?

Jhad

yeah there was some issues with cabinets so opening "official opening" got postponed, however the doors were open :D

Dub

I went by Ponderosa early last week and wanted to update this thread.

You pull up there and park your truck.....but what you feel like you should be doing is tying up your horse. Place has a look and feel on the outside that takes you back to a wild west town.

When you walk inside you'll think that you've stepped back in time. Really cool feel to the place. Great display cabinets, gun rack, new wood floors. Ammo for days....easily seen from the customer's side of the counter. The place isn't huge, but perfectly sized, in my opinion. It's not a big store where you'll be lost and forgotten about. You'll be one-on-one with the owner. That's powerful stuff.

You can tell that he and his wife and father have really put a lot of work into the place. Really nice. You can see where they are still working on the finishing touches.

The day I went there he had three guys buying guns. All three of us were real particular in what we wanted. He got us all handled with great ease and efficiency. I don't know what deals the other guys struck but I can tell you that he was very, very fair with me.

His wife was there that day and she is just as cute as a button. Their dogs will make friends with you quickly, too. Really nice folks.

This is a very professional outfit. This place isn't just a "fly by night" backyard shop, but the realization of a family's vision as to what a gun shop should be....heck, what they were in the old days.

I'll be back, again and again. Fortunately (or possibly unfortnately :) ) the place is less than 10 min drive from my hunting club.

I told my best hunting buddy about this spot and he went there and bought the single biggest baddest firebreathing revolver I've ever seen. I couldn't believe it. It's one sweet S&W 500 Performance Center gun. 1 of 1,000. Bad gun...very bad.

My gun should be in next week and I'll be getting together with him for deer rifle for my son. He had a Ruger Compact in there that looks perfect.

Professionalism, customer care, excellent pricing and a friendly handshake after the sale. Folks, it just doesn't get any better than this.

I hope folks will get in their trucks, cars or even horses and head out there. I hope it's like the Field of Dreams scenerio, "Build it and they will come". If the folks in this area don't support this place is 'cause they just don't know about it.

I've found a new spot.

browningbar

Same with Dub. Went in a few weeks back. Asked about a gun and the owner went to the back brought out a box still sealed just to show my wife and myself. Alot to say about someone who will work to just show you something because he's passionate about it and not just to try to make the sale. I'll be back a few times, I'm sure my wife won't be too gungho until I pick up the 9mm she was looking at.

And ammo, you can't find a better price. They are beating Academy, Walden's and Dick's by more than just a few bucks. Great place to do business with. Can't wait to go back.

From what I was told he has been buying up ammo for the last couple/3 yrs (and I know he bought 10 boatloads of stuff from the going out of business auction at sportman link)
so he prob has a good supply with prices based on what it was when he bought it.....I would go grab up what I could from him now and stock up....The prices will go up when he has to re-stock the ammo/guns/etc...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments and support. One thing to clarify, bigmarty, the prices won't go up when I restock. The .380 ammo I have now cost me $29.90 a box when I bought it last year but I'm selling it for about $10 a box less than what I paid for it to be competitive with the market. I will ALWAYS have the best prices, the largest handgun ammo selection and the largest stock in the CSRA or I'll close up shop trying. I'm still building rifle and shotgun inventory so it will be a few weeks before I have it where I want it. Then I'll start working on powder and primers for the reloaders. I HATE not having what people want and at the best price. It's a personal thing for me. It's about meeting the customers need. I love it when someone asks for an oddball ammo just wishing you had it only to find out that this lil' bitty joint does.

Hang in with me and we'll make this the best kept secret in town, or maybe not a secret.

Aside from trying to have the best selection at the lowest everyday price, what amazes me are the horror stories people tell me they have experienced at other shops around town. The fact that they feel like they are doing you a favor by waiting on you. I consider it a pleasure to give you the "hook up" when it comes to guns and ammo. Thanks again for all of the support! The Ponderosa

Dub

Great to hear about the powder and primers and awesome experiences at your place.

I've most definetely found a new spot.

I wish you the best!

BriarPatch99

I've seen the County, the phone number, the street... but not the town. I may need to drop by one day... if I'm near. Need a town to plug in the GPS.

Jimmy K

Signed up here just to say this: I have been looking into buying a Glock 26 for two months now and have approached several of the stores (Waldens, Academy, ETC) to get prices. Today, I purchased my Glock 26 from Ponderosa Trading company.

I'm not going to drag this out, but everything about my experience was awesome. William (the owner) gave me a fair price for a new G26, a fair trade in value for a pistol I traded in (Taurus 24/7) and even entertained my questions about AR15's and Shotguns.

I can honestly say, I will be doing all of my firearm related purchases with The Ponderosa Trading Company. Can't wait for them to open the shooting range!

Me and my Glock 26 are very happy together and had a great day of shooting!

http://imgur.com/zxQRu
http://imgur.com/NkU6N