Snake Boots?

killerv

Has anyone on here had a snake strike their boots?

Yes, half mile from truck turkey hunting by myself. 50in canebrake. I was wearing Lacrosse Fangs at the time. I really liked them for a lightweight snake boot. They got soft after a few seasons so I retired them.

Chippewas if money isn't an object. A pair my father handed down to me lasted 25 years before I finally wore them out. I'm wearing Danners now and love them too.

Bubba_1122

Snake boots (getcha some)

picture.php

I've worn quite a few kinds over the years. Favorites ever were a pair of Brownings (but they don't make snake boots anymore - just "tall grass boots").

Have some BPS (they're OK - wish were a little comfortable. A little odd that zip up the front.

Also have some zip up Chippewa's (they aren't particularly comfortable) but they're built like a tank.

I've been wearing my regular Irish Setter hunting boots with Rattler snake chaps for the past couple of years. Very comfortable. Typically take them off before I climb the tree (unless it's cold). Works well.

Bob Wallace

I've been wanting a pair but until I get some, I use the snake guards that are like shin guards. Good purchase for $50

Papa Bear

I wear my Danner boots and snake gaitor chaps. Wore rocky snake boots for several yrs. Decided to go with strap on gaitors and cost was a lot less than buying second pair of good boots for my area I hunt.

Woadie

Does anyone have the new Danner pronghorns that zip up on the side. I'm worried that they would leak.

benelli147

iv had a pair of danner snakeboots for about 4 years now and they are very comfortable and the only boot I have ever had that long without the slightest leak when in water. mine are getting close to retirement but only because the plastics in them is getting a little weak.

Jim Boyd

I have tried this many times.

Free snake boots, size 11 I think.

Bass Pro lace ups.

Worn 2-3x.

Picked up in Denmark SC or Lexington SC.

Not interested in shipping.

Thanks

Bubba_1122

I didn't know Danner made a zip up.

Gonna have to check that out (too thick in the middle to hold my breath long enough to actually lace up a pair of snake boots).

Woadie

Well, I got the Chipewwa waterproof snake boot in yesterday. They look great but they are too tight on my calves. I normally tuck my pant legs in them, but I can't get any part on my pant leg down them. I hate it but I'm going to have to send them back and look for something else. They look very well made though.