Advise on paddle near Statesboro

I will be visiting my son at Georgia Southern 1st week in April and was looking for advise on a short paddle (around 4 hours) he and I could do one afternoon. Im willing to do most of the leg work online but the initial info I get from Google search is only Blackwater Preserve. IF you have any ramp to ramp floats or any other direction for me to go in, it would be greatly appreciated.

I now live in NW GA, so if you would like any info on Etowah River I could exchange, all though there is Etowah River Trail website, it is really not up to date.

Ohoopee Tusker

There are a couple of ramps along the Ogeechee River in the area and the Savannah River near Sylvania. George L Smith SP is about 30 mins West and it is a beautiful place to paddle.

Bream Pole

Ditto George L Smith State Park

croaker

The public ramps near Statesboro are to far apart for short floats.
I have access a little ways above the Hwy 301 ramp that makes a short afternoon float. Let me know if I can help.

G.L. Smith park is also a good place to paddle.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
So when you mention the state park are you talking about Watson pond or kayaking wolf branch/fifteenmile creek? My son goes to GSU also and was wanting to do a weekend float close to the school.

Thanks for the info. I will do some research on GLS State Park.

Croaker I appreciate your offer as well, let me see what the SP looks like and I may be back in touch.

Thanks To all,

Latest posts