Birth of a Box Stand

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That bad boy looks great! I'd put a cot in it and little shelf just the right size for a Coleman stove, and sleep right there so I didn't have to wake up so early. When I woke up I'd put a percolator of coffee on, make a little bacon and eggs with toast. Mmmm Mmmm.

Come to think of it, I'd put a porch on it so I could put my Big Green Egg on it and to have somewhere to pee off of. You could have the ultimate tree-house we all wanted as a kid!

Dang Doc. It's just a hunting blind. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

swamp hunter

And there I sit in a 10 ft. Ladder stand, with the rain on my shoulders and a tear in my eye.
I'm gonna poach it where your not there....

Dr. Strangelove

Dang Doc. It's just a hunting blind. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bounce:

I've seen a few that look like mini beach houses perched up on stilts like they are. I was tempted to suggest a zero clearance fireplace or a full-on old school wood cook stove, but figured that might be going to far.

Never can have too much comfort...

bukhuntr

Where did you get those brackets for the legs? I like the look of those better than the ones I just used.

sid52j

Found the brackets on line at Cedar Break Outfitters, $120. Found some cheaper, but likes these a lot. Very happy with the quality.

sid52j

E-Z Tower Hunting Blind Brackets | Raise You Hunt To A Higher ...
www.e-ztower.com
E-Z Tower Hunting Blind Brackets. Cedar Break Outfitters. 324 SH HWY 16 South ... Cedar Break Outfitters - 324 SH HWY 16 South - Goldthwaite, TX 76844 - ...

Mirvin 264

I built one very similar last season, I have two total in my area, both on food plots. One is in mature pines, the other in mature hardwoods. They will definitely spoil you while in the woods, but worth the effort to me!

Attachments

• VZM.IMG_20160909_091942.jpg
    VZM.IMG_20160909_091942.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 250
  • 2013-10-10 17.34.40.jpg
    2013-10-10 17.34.40.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 254

TOORED

Awesome stands Mirvin264 and Sid52J! Here's a pic of the stand I built for my wife, complete with garage to park her ATV! We call it The Ritz, and for good reason!

vbhtml]

transfixer

Someone mentioned a porch ? lol, by the way, those old aluminum camper shells everyone used to have years ago, can be cut and repurposed as a good roof for a box stand !:)

Attachments

• 20141108_101420_resized.jpg
    20141108_101420_resized.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 94