Acres to Members Ratio

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
5 acres for 1 member.Its quality not quantity.:rofl:

deast1988

I was in a club, that had 45members for 1100 acres. Same club had cousins of members on the property when they gave keys out to non members. That club was in Teliaferro county. They advertised 30 members. But no telling how many were actually using the place. I found bright eye trails to my deer stand. I didn't put them there either. I found dip cans under my stand I don't dip. I found truck tracks all the way up to one of my stands in an isolated corner when members weren't supposed to be within 200yds of a claimed stand. The club was in Teliafero county, 1100 acres found it on Craig's list. Quest were charged $50 a weekend but members could give family members a key. If y'all are interested I'm sure I can dig up an add for y'all. The Turnover rate is significant. The rules was 8pts or better unless it was CULL. My last gun opener there. Seemed like 15 antlered bucks were in camp being cleaned spikes, 3pts, 4pts, 6Pts, 7pts. You know basket racked bucks on buck only days in a 8pt or better club unless its a CULL deer.

Hairtrigger

400 acres. 27 members. Guests allowed. 36 club stands. Private areas allowed. 86 food plots. 300 acres of fields, 100 planted pines.
Four wheelers allowed. 20 acre campsite. 50 acres clear cut.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
400 acres. 27 members. Guests allowed. 36 club stands. Private areas allowed. 86 food plots. 300 acres of fields, 100 planted pines.
Four wheelers allowed. 20 acre campsite. 50 acres clear cut.

Any membership openings?:bounce:

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Why does it matter if hunting is all about camaraderie? If that's the case, one would assume more hunters = better huntin.

shdw633

Why does it matter if hunting is all about camaraderie? If that's the case, one would assume more hunters = better huntin.

That's a fine line....more hunters means more differing opinions on what should be killed, when, where, why...etc., etc. Like Crakajak stated, though his was more about the amount of land, it also applies to the number of hunters....quality, not quantity.

Havana Dude

I used to miss the camp life, sitting around shooting the feces. The older I get, the more I appreciate no one being around, doing my own thing, and sleeping in my own bed.

Core Lokt

5 acres for 1 member.Its quality not quantity.:rofl:

I lease 5ac from an older fella behind my house. Dad and my girls hunt it. Works great and in a great location. Dad killed 3 this year and I was happy.

I trade sweat and work to hunt 500ac that is mainly me and the owner. every once in a while 1- 2 others hunt.

If it were spending money on a lease I'd want at least 100a per person as ling as it was all or mostly woods.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I lease 5ac from an older fella behind my house. Dad and my girls hunt it. Works great and in a great location. Dad killed 3 this year and I was happy.

I trade sweat and work to hunt 500ac that is mainly me and the owner. every once in a while 1- 2 others hunt.

If it were spending money on a lease I'd want at least 100a per person as ling as it was all or mostly woods.

I also have 250 acres next to me that is only hunted by 1 person.
Also in a 650 acre club with 3 members.Guest are allowed but never taken advantage of.Usually 1-2 kids per year.
Took me several years of looking to find the gem.