Southern Stewart County Destroyed by Tornado

misterpink

Is there insurance available to cover the timber crop for things like this? Been thinking about buying some timber land but that is a scary proposition.

snookdoctor

We got hit also. That was the long track storm that produced tornadoes from west of Eufaula, to 3/4 of the way across Georgia.

snookdoctor

We have 750 acres in southern stewart county and it seems we have lost a lot of timber to the tornado. tree company is coming in and doing an unplanned clearing to salvage what they can. One section of 55 acres is completely leveled and it had 30 yo pines on it snapped in half 5 feet from the ground. Lets hope when the tree work is done, we still have some woods. 5 years of year round feeding and letting em walk till 4 yo has really paid off. We had 5 deer on camera 10 points or better and several more large 8's. I hope mother nature has not destroyed our QDM. I will post pics as soon as i get them.

Your property must be on the Stewart/Randolph line, or not far north of it.

swamp hunter

Is there insurance available to cover the timber crop for things like this? Been thinking about buying some timber land but that is a scary proposition.

Yes there is ,Or a Tax writeoff on future income.
See Elphii ( I never can spell his name ) for Creative Financial losses category..:bounce:

southernman13

You can see on Hwy 27 at the Stewart/Randolph line basically where it went across. Pretty much went due east and dissapated west of Cordele

livetohunt

You also have to worry about ice storms. Every winter when they predict ice I was on pins and needles.