Walmart kayaks

AM1

Sundolphins at Walmart. Looking at one for $278.00

How good are they? just looking for an entry-level to let the kids have fun with on camping trips.

T-N-T

They are entry level idont don't expect them to last.

But I have seen a guy in a few local group trips been using one for about 3 years now and loves it

I have owned two low end kayaks. Neither tracked good, both unstable and both uncomfortable. But Neither was a sun dolphin so I can't comment on the brand.

pnome

Check out Academy Sport before you buy. They have some clearance deals going on right now.

Coenen

I have some friends that paddle Sun Dolphins. They aren't what you'd call "serious" kayakers by any stretch, they just put them in the lake, and paddle around a little every now and then. For what you're doing, it sounds like they'd be a good fit.

Seconded on checking Academy, IIRC Tractor Supply sells them too. Think about checking somewhere like a Sam's / Costco / BJ's as well.

markland

Fine for playing in but if you go thru rocks they will not last, very thin bottoms and seams seem to have issues with leakage. Most I know that had them got rid of them and upgraded.

CDW

Wal mart sells the Lifetime Tamarack Angler Kayak now for $278. Yeah it's a cheaper kayak too, but I have one and I love it. It's comfortable, tracks decent, and it's cheap. I'd buy another one.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Academy has a good sale going on right now. I'd go check them out before buying.
They have several different makes and models for less then that price.
I seen several 8' 10' and even some 12' kayaks the other day in the Hiram store. Seemed to me that they were all priced decently.

NGPhoenix

Wal mart sells the Lifetime Tamarack Angler Kayak now for $278. Yeah it's a cheaper kayak too, but I have one and I love it. It's comfortable, tracks decent, and it's cheap. I'd buy another one.

I have the exact one, also. Got it for $208. Someone bought it on a Friday, used it on a Saturday, then got their money back on a Sunday. Nothing wrong with it....just someone who either didn't like it or too cheap to rent one and wanted a day on a kayak. In any case, it balances well and scoots across the lake fine for me. I'm not a serious Kayak person, though. I just got one to throw on Lake Acworth in the evenings if I want a quick fish.

Steve762us

I got one of these, too...my entry to yak fishin'.

Have you guys come up with an idea to carry ice/store caught fish?

I'm being optimistic...:cool:

BTW, the Harbor Freight $8 'bicycle lift' will hold these--I did use larger/longer screws into garage ceiling joists.