Little river lake sinclair

nickruis

Gonna float it and bass fish Saturday morning if anyone wants to join. Going to float down to the boat ramp on little river trail.

61BelAir

I think I am tied up this Saturday morning, but let me know when you're down here to go again. In my opinion, you'll have better luck from a kayak in the river below Sinclair Dam.

nickruis

I've always fished above twin bridges and done great on little river. Are you talking about oconee river?

61BelAir

Yes the Oconee River. I prefer going when the river gauge is below 10' with 8' or less being ideal. (From the sticky on here - Thanks Randy)

I've fished the twin bridges area from a boat and have done okay. I'm not sure where you'd be putting in. I'm guessing it's far enough up that you're in small water and out of boat traffic.
I've only kayaked on the lake once and that was enough for me. My wife and kids were with me and now I know how baby ducks feel crossing a pond.

nickruis

There is a old bridge way up little river that's where I'll be putting in at. I don't think I'm ever hit much boat traffic

nickruis

I've never floated it always been in a boat. I'll let you know after Saturday I guess.

Twiggbuster

Hooked one of the biggest bass for me in that area yrs ago.
In a jon boat, got it up to the boat with no real opportunity to get a good hook set. It threw the chartreuse spinner bait right up against the boat.
I used to cuss a lot!!

Good luck up there.

nickruis

You're right 61belair. Horrible float. After waking up at 5 in the morning and making the 2 hour drive down. The water was muddy the bite was horrible. I caught one keeper and a very small one between the two bridges. The next 5 hours not a bite. I paddle the last hour and a half straight I was so ready to go! The gar and carp was up the river by the hundreds tho

61BelAir

You're right 61belair. Horrible float. After waking up at 5 in the morning and making the 2 hour drive down. The water was muddy the bite was horrible. I caught one keeper and a very small one between the two bridges. The next 5 hours not a bite. I paddle the last hour and a half straight I was so ready to go! The gar and carp was up the river by the hundreds tho

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd have rather been wrong and read that you had a great day. We went to the river and stayed near the boatramp below the dam Sunday for a few hours. I've been sick this week and didn't feel like being out there much, but still needed to get out and go.
We were targeting bass. I was mostly using a lizard and a chatterbait. Shannon was throwing a black jig with a black/blue craw trailer. Neither of us have ever caught anything on a jig...mostly due to just never using it. She lost a big one by not setting the hook good. About 30 minutes later she caught her personal best - a 13 lb. 8 ouncer.

Too bad it was a catfish and not a largemouth.

We each had a few more bites, but the only other thing we caught was a chipmunk I netted as he swam by. I think it's the only time we've been and not caught a single bass.