Been kicking around the idea

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Of trying my hand at traditional archery. I have visited several stores and realy like a recurve sold at Cabelas. Its a 62inch 45lb draw recurve for 140$.... Dont blast me for going towards the box store brand as i just wanted a starting place! Im settled on the bow because its a minimal investment and a comfortable place for me to start. I'm just lost when it comes to arrows and tips because their selection seems to be geared towards the compound and cross bow guys.
Can i still use a carbon or aluminum arrows? Or should I strictly use wooden arrows?

or you can be brutaly honest and say im starting at the wrong place....

Any input would be much appreciated!

sawtooth

The bow is a good place to start poundage-wise. The arrows are a personal choice, just be sure you get the RIGHT ARROWS FOR YOU no matter what material you choose. Call me. We can go over all of it. D.

mar0311

mar0311

Awesome, go for it! Recurve or Longbow, either or can shoot just about anything. Get the feel of the bow and shoot, shoot, shoot !

Attachments

• Dads Cougar Dec 2010.jpg
    Dads Cougar Dec 2010.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 359

AllAmerican

Welcome to trad/hunting archery. That will not be your last, but may be your first of many. It's addicting. Again, I use Aluminums, I use carbon, and occasionally wood. My main arrow is aluminum. Get the right deflection, and it will be more enjoyable to shoot.

blood on the ground

The bow is a good place to start poundage-wise. The arrows are a personal choice, just be sure you get the RIGHT ARROWS FOR YOU no matter what material you choose. Call me. We can go over all of it. D.

Thanks for the call brother! You are a good man!

Dennis

Come to the TBG shoot in may in Ranger Ga. We will be able to help you get started plus it will be a great time. If you live close enough you could come by my house and I have many test arrows and we could figure out what arrow you need

blood on the ground

Come to the TBG shoot in may in Ranger Ga. We will be able to help you get started plus it will be a great time. If you live close enough you could come by my house and I have many test arrows and we could figure out what arrow you need

I'm in Cartersville.

TNGIRL

I'm in Cartersville.

you are less than an hour from Joe Coots house, where our Northern Zone shoot will be....you should come!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
and before that date will be the monthly (May 7th)shoot for NGT in Gainesville, GA....try to make that one!!!

Al33

Let me know if you get down Marietta/Kennesaw way. I have all kinds of arrows you can test shoot.

Clipper

I'm in Cartersville and I have arrows that shoot off my 45# recurve. You are welcome to come shoot and see how they fly off your bow.

chenryiv

Here Here!! some of the finest people this side of the Mississippi:flag:

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Take AL and Clipper up on the offer...... good folks as ever!

Jeff Raines

I have a Bear Grizzly from cabelas.I love it,but do not count on them to set it up properly.
Holla when you get it,I'll come shoot with you so we can both look for lost arrows

Attachments

• bow.jpg
    bow.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 163

blood on the ground

Sawtooth has helped me so much! Im using his equipment in this pic but... Its my first 3 released trad arrows! First was a miss high... The other 2 hit the target ... 10 yrds aint much to you pro's but im a happy camper at the moment!

Attachments

• 2017-04-28_20.07.18.jpg
    2017-04-28_20.07.18.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 156