Hammered them on the creek

Nice sized largemouth and that shoalie is a neat looking fish. And I'm itchin for spring as well, and after your pics I am investing in a kayak. I have wanted one for too long now. I wanted to hit a pond down the street from me today but the sun wasn't shining enough too warm up like I was hoping.

Nice sized largemouth and that shoalie is a neat looking fish. And I'm itchin for spring as well, and after your pics I am investing in a kayak. I have wanted one for too long now. I wanted to hit a pond down the street from me today but the sun wasn't shining enough too warm up like I was hoping.

I highly recommend going for the kayak. It's a game changer.

DSGB

One last deer hunt tomorrow and I'll start dusting off the yak!

fish hawk

Bass Master
My son went yesterday and tried for some crappie but couldn't keep the bass off his minnows,he found plenty of bass,nice ones but couldn't find the crappie,water was up and cold but had good color.....A high of 68*, southwest winds and a falling barometer,setting up to be a perfect day!!!

Last edited:

fish hawk

Bass Master
I didn't have a chance to go out on the 8th as I had forgotten about a luncheon we had to attend after church on Sunday.I did however get a chance to go on Tuesday the 10th,but conditions had changed drastically and the fishing was tough,fished from 12:00 until 5:00.Wind was from the north at 10 mph and the air temps were in the high 50's with a rising barometer.I did manage to catch a few small shoal bass but the larger ones were mia.Creeks gonna get a rest for a while now that we have close to 2 inches of rain forecasted for next week,it was already a little high but the water color was still not too bad but that's all about to change next week.

Attachments

• DSCN8389.JPG
    DSCN8389.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 1,401
  • DSCN8392.JPG
    DSCN8392.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,498
  • DSCN8397.JPG
    DSCN8397.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 1,428

Rose Jackets67

Love this thread. Are the dark spots such as the top right picture in the recent post indicative of anything such as illness or injury or just like a birthmark?

fish hawk

Bass Master
Love this thread. Are the dark spots such as the top right picture in the recent post indicative of anything such as illness or injury or just like a birthmark?

Thanks....After doing some research online I found out it's called Melanosis or blotchy bass.Research is on going but their not really sure what causes it,otherwise the bass are healthy.It does seem to be localized to certain watersheds and is also found in smallmouth and largemouth but I have only seen it on shoal bass in this particular creek.Heres a link that provides more info on the subject.
https://www.fish.state.pa.us/newsreleases/2012press/bass-spots.htm
http://vtichthyology.blogspot.com/2014_04_01_archive.html

Chap

I love your pics. One of my fishing goals this year is to get across state to where I can find some shoalies.

fish hawk

Bass Master
I didn't exactly hammer them today, as a matter of fact it was pretty tough on the creek.I put in around 8 this morning and had a few bites here and there and caught a couple small ones.Finally caught a decent 16 in. largemouth.Kept on fishing and was starting to get really frustrated and had to keep telling myself "it only takes one fish to change your day",I tell myself this when the bite is really slow.Then around noon I got a good solid bite and when I set the hook I knew it was a good fish.She had me in a really bad spot as she spun the front of my kayak around and into some low hanging trees,I finally managed to get her to the boat and was rewarded with a 20 in. shoal bass that I estimated to be in the 4 lb range,her girth was 12 in..........So when your having a tough day fishing just keep telling yourself that it only takes one fish to change your day.

Attachments

• DSCN8786.JPG
    DSCN8786.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,369
  • DSCN8787.JPG
    DSCN8787.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,362
  • DSCN8781.JPG
    DSCN8781.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,360

DSGB

NICE fish! I'm trying to find time to make a run. Soon........

fish hawk

Bass Master
:cheers: Thanks guys....Creeks blown out with all the rain we been havin,I'm about to go into a fit.
My boy and a friend of his did a float Sun afternoon and he only caught 4.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Finally got back out on the creek today with my boy.Started off kinda slow this morning but they fired up around lunch and didn't slow down until we took out.Great day for numbers as we caught around 15 to 20 each around the same size until my boy hooked into a monster shoal bass that would have went over 5 easy, unfortunately she jumped and threw the hook but he redeemed himself with a nice one that would go around 3 1/2 lbs,beautiful fish.Creek starting to get low and we had to bushwack or way threw a newly fallen tree,as you can see it the pic.Cottonmouths were out in full force today.Beautiful day to be on the water.

fish hawk

Bass Master
I'm hittin the Hooch in the early AM tomorrow and fish until 11:00 or 12:00.Welcome to meet up if you want

DSGB

Never a disappointing day on the creek! That's a good one your son caught! :cool:

I thought we were in trouble when we went a few weeks ago. Saw a tree that looked like it was all the way across, but we had just enough room to get around it.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Never a disappointing day on the creek! That's a good one your son caught! :cool:

I thought we were in trouble when we went a few weeks ago. Saw a tree that looked like it was all the way across, but we had just enough room to get around it.

Thanks it hit one of those Rebel wee-crawfish crankbaits,I didn't think he was gonna land that one either,took him for a ride for sure,fish had a lot of power!!!