A funny exchange (Isreal bait)

ambush80

::ke: @Isreal

But really, I thought this post, indeed the whole thread on the Sam Harris Forum is interesting:

EN - 24 October 2017 08:18 AM

1. “I do not hold that God is “supernatural”. It is my understanding that God is “nature”, to nature’s fullest extent.”

GAD - 24 October 2017 09:23 AM

Right out of the gate this is completely meaningless.

bbearren - 24 October 2017 01:07 PM

Why would it not be?

GAD-Posted: 24 October 2017 20:06

Indeed, why would it not be meaningless. It’s the dreamer dreaming of dreamers who dream of the dreamer dreaming of them dreaming of himself. It’s an infinite circular loop where the dreamers and the dreams are one and the same i.e. nature is the dream and the dream is nature and god is nature and nature is god which makes everything god and god everything which makes us god dreaming we are god dreaming of ourselves.

LOLs

Israel

BANNED
Axshully, I did have a dream the other night that sticks with me...

Israel

BANNED
I was struggling to understand a thing. Yet, in all the struggle I recognized my position/perspective contaminated any result I might find, it was very much like trying to find the bottom of a hole. The more effort I expended the more plain it became more elusive.
Then suddenly it stopped and a word appeared in cursive against a glowingly white background. The word said:

White.

ambush80

I was struggling to understand a thing. Yet, in all the struggle I recognized my position/perspective contaminated any result I might find, it was very much like trying to find the bottom of a hole. The more effort I expended the more plain it became more elusive.
Then suddenly it stopped and a word appeared in cursive against a glowingly white background. The word said:

White.

What color was the writing?

TripleXBullies

I found the bottom of the hole. It didn't elude me.

hole-in-the-ground.jpg

Israel

BANNED
I found the bottom of the hole. It didn't elude me.

hole-in-the-ground.jpg

I tell you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear the One who, after you have been killed, has power to throw you into CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored. Yes, I tell you, fear Him!…

atlashunter

I tell you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear the One who, after you have been killed, has power to throw you into CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored. Yes, I tell you, fear Him!…

That isn't the nature of the universe I see. I only see indifference.

atlashunter

::ke: @Isreal

But really, I thought this post, indeed the whole thread on the Sam Harris Forum is interesting:

EN - 24 October 2017 08:18 AM

1. “I do not hold that God is “supernatural”. It is my understanding that God is “nature”, to nature’s fullest extent.”

GAD - 24 October 2017 09:23 AM

Right out of the gate this is completely meaningless.

bbearren - 24 October 2017 01:07 PM

Why would it not be?

GAD-Posted: 24 October 2017 20:06

Indeed, why would it not be meaningless. It’s the dreamer dreaming of dreamers who dream of the dreamer dreaming of them dreaming of himself. It’s an infinite circular loop where the dreamers and the dreams are one and the same i.e. nature is the dream and the dream is nature and god is nature and nature is god which makes everything god and god everything which makes us god dreaming we are god dreaming of ourselves.

LOLs

This reminds me of Alan Watts and some of his talks on eastern philosophy.

Israel

BANNED
That isn't the nature of the universe I see. I only see indifference.

This makes me wonder...can an indifferent universe (if it is...) give birth to/spawn/produce, or even hold a thing which is capable of judging it as indifferent?

atlashunter

This makes me wonder...can an indifferent universe (if it is...) give birth to/spawn/produce, or even hold a thing which is capable of judging it as indifferent?

Why not?

Israel

BANNED
I seem unable to reconcile how a thing with no self knowledge, nor consciousness so to speak, can produce in itself, and of itself, something that not only has the ability to recognize it, but to also have a judgment about it.

I am not here making a "pitch" for God for my faith rests on a far simpler and fundamental thing, nor am I making any assumption regarding an argument for or against any perception of a chaos that may be concluded. We could then end up as men...both you, and I, with nothing to say except "what exists, exists only in word between us" not unlike I think, the man in whom Cormac McCarthy put these words "Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."

Or rather than "put" these words...did he actually find these words...in "a man"?

Last edited:

atlashunter

You should read The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins.