Glue

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
What's the best glue for indoor wood projects/crafts? Saw on another forum someone recommending one that dries clear, doesn't show up as bad when you stain/finish etc. But the post didn't use the proper name of it so I haven't found any yet. Thanks

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I think any glue that is allowed to dry where you will stain or finish will be a problem since it will not take the stain like the wood. Any good wood glue is good wood glue just keep it in the joint or clean it up or sand it off before you stain or finish.

tom turkey 2x2

Wood blue is only as good as the fit of the wood joint! If the two pieces fit right , with no gaps any good blue will be stronger than the wood itself.

muzzy17is

I like titebond myself but it all works good. Just make sure it’s water resistant...Most of it does show if there is a big spot in the stain so make sure you clean off the excess with a damp rag and you’ll be fine.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I think any glue that is allowed to dry where you will stain or finish will be a problem since it will not take the stain like the wood. Any good wood glue is good wood glue just keep it in the joint or clean it up or sand it off before you stain or finish.

^^^This. Tight joints and clean up any squeeze out real good with a damp cloth, then sand and you shouldn't have any glue spots visible in your final finish.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I saw another way, (better according to what I read but I know how that goes) that after you clamp and it comes out, wait until it just barely starts to harden then you can scrape or cut it off.

Hope y'all have a Merry Christmas Slingblade, and everyone else on this thread too

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
That works too, I seem to get busy doing something else and miss the sweet spot on doing it that way. Y'all have a Merry Christmas too!