Roberts Brothers wormy chestnut glass
Gibson crow call
multiple strikers from Olin, Misfire, Jack Scott, Harold Fowler
3 mouth calls from Rut & Strut
Tube call I had made from a piece of Tulip wood
a cane yelper
couple extra shells
water bottle and wet wipes

when hunting the mountains I add a space blanket, $1 poncho, safety whistle, light stick and fire starter. I slipped and fell once when following a gobbler around a ridge. Laid on my back for a hour though I had hurt my back but was finally able to get up and go on. Hunting alone in deep woods does require some safety precautions especially at my young age of 59 now. Sounds like a lot but really isn't and I feel I have what I need.

Buckman18

1. Custom made box by Drewpatt
2. Custom pot slate by Drewpatt
3. Knight n Hale Aluminum Pot
4. An assortment of mouth calls
5. Crow call
6. Owl call (but it's time for an upgrade)
7. Snacks and drinks and TP

Snake boots down south, comfortable hiking boots in the mountains

2bbshot

I have a literal closet of Turkey gear but now I just have 4-5 mouth calls one trumpet around my neck and that’s it. No more vest for me

Hooty Hoot

Gone but not forgotten
I'll carry a broke in mouth call and several more that I am breaking in. I'll also have a couple pot calls but probably 4 strikers, an owl and a crow call and I am set. I use to take a sack full of calls but now believe it a little silly for me. I don't think that I have ever failed on a gobbler because I didn't have the right call.

Big7

The Oracle
2 shotgun shells.

Slate or glass and two strikers.

Box Cutter.

Owl Hooter. (early season)

Chalk. Sand paper.

I don't have a vest.
Use my pockets and a butt pad that straps around your waist
and pull it twixt' your legs when you sit.

Gaswamp

You aren't kidding. I lived for the forum back then. Lots of knowledge gone (some voluntarily, some not).

My vest is rather light these days. 1 box call, 1 trumpet, 2 mouth calls.

Thermocell, water, and wet wipes (TP is for the birds)

3 mouth calls. Don't bother with a vest anymore.

Your exactly right! When the forum was the thing I looked forward to looking at every evening.

I dont Even use a vest anymore, my “fanny pack” has a few mouth calls, a box call, a slate and a thermacell. Less is more.

I haven't use a vest in years

Gaswamp

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Some rickety ole junk. Slate calls that wouldn't call in a deaf bobcat. Two good ones hanging on a belt loop. Bunch of nasty mouth calls that are worn out and 3 or 5 diseases growing on them. One I can't use worth a flip. Some holey net gloves and one pair of cold gloves. More than likely last years half drank water bottle. Bark from every tree I sat against last year. Some dried blood. Enough shotgun shells with the shot size worn off them to start a war. Enough strikers to use a chopsticks in case the war is with N. Korea. Two masks I butchered up. And a lot of good memories in that ole cotton dish rag junk vest from about 1994.

Latest posts