Arkansas or mississippi duck clubs?

poole93

Have a good friend wanna to join a club but said he can't find anything except for guided hunts, anybody have any clubs in mind?

hrstille

Going be tough to find a club to join. A lot of the clubs consist of locals or friends. Kind of need to know someone. There are clubs who lease out land but typically they don't let folks in. He would be better off getting a group together and leasing some holes from a farmer.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
^^^what he said. The ones that have to advertise for members usually have turnover for a reason. But it does seem to me (after being in this game for a good stretch now) that the costs for ground are soaring while the duck numbers in these two states are on the decline. Granted, weather and water the last 2 years have played a big factor, but as frank foster sings, "the good ole days are gone".

rnelson5

Joining a club really ties you down to one area. I guess if it had lodging near some major public land you like to hunt that would be one thing, but other than that it would be a tough pill to swallow for me. Ducks are so weather dependent that I would rather go to where the birds are on my days off than to gamble them being in one spot. I know there are areas that hold birds most all season long, but you get my drift.

kevbo3333

^^^what he said. The ones that have to advertise for members usually have turnover for a reason. But it does seem to me (after being in this game for a good stretch now) that the costs for ground are soaring while the duck numbers in these two states are on the decline. Granted, weather and water the last 2 years have played a big factor, but as frank foster sings, "the good ole days are gone".

Totally agree with this ^ Arkansas and Mississippi are not what they use to be, still great Waterfowl States but their numbers aren't what they use to be. A I would be looking in LA, Oklahoma, Texas if I were going to Join a club. Or save the club dues and free lance that way you can " follow the migration"

MuXi115

Take a look at southeast Missouri too.

I've hunted with J&S Migrators in the bootheel and have been extremely pleased. Jesse offers guided hunts, daily pit leases and seasonal club memberships. 2 of my buddies are joining the club and I may in the future. He's fair, honest, and runs a good shop.

Rlblanton

I agree with most comments on here. We had a lease with a cabin outside of Greenwood, MS this year and the numbers were not good. Most of the ducks killed were spoon bills, blue bills and woodies. Even though the numbers were off the last couple of years in AR I think we will go back to hunting in AR or maybe give MO a try.

Duckbuster82

I feel like there are areas that produce and areas that don’t, that is why some pits cost more to lease. I know of a fair amount of clubs that produce year in and year out. Those clubs are old clubs and are nearly impossible to get into they are mostly invitational only. If you are going to join a club try and get one that has pits leased in multiple areas. If birds are concentrated in an area it gives you a better chance of having property in a productive area.