Mercedes Benz Stadium

lbzdually

Banned
I went to the CFP Championship. I thought it was really nice but not awe-inspiring. It was rainy and I got several texts asking me if the roof was leaking. I didn't see any leaks but apparently tv was reporting leaks.

Seeing the roof open and/or close would probably be cool.

It was leaking before the game, they showed guys on the turf looking up trying to find the leak. The roof does not operate like they intended to yet. The petals are not going where they want and it is getting a bind. That's why they haven't had it open too much yet. 1.2 billion and it leaks and the biggest engineering marvel doesn't work right. :rolleyes:

TomC

Sure wish the Falcon's stadium looked like the Patriots, Seahawks or Steelers!! That would be an exciting atmosphere to watch some football.

DAWG1419

Sure wish the Falcon's stadium looked like the Patriots, Seahawks or Steelers!! That would be an exciting atmosphere to watch some football.

What you mean? Full of passionate fans? That’s reserved down here for college football.

TomC

No......would never expect passionate falcons fans. Just a shame they didn't build an outdoor stadium and somewhere AWAY from its current location!

Coenen

What you mean? Full of passionate fans? That’s reserved down here for college football.
If you want that, go to an Atlanta United match! :cool:

BeerThirty

I would put Mercedes-Benz stadium in the same group with the Cowboys stadium, which are both in the premium tier of stadiums.

mamatried

Been to both for college football games. Jerry World beats Mercedes Benz. Better acoustics and better giant screen.

Rick Alexander

That right there

Blank paid 80% of the cost of the stadium. The remaining 20% is paid through an Atlanta hotel tax. So it's really simple, if you don't want your tax money to foot the bill for the stadium, don't stay in a hotel in the city limits of Atlanta.

seems pretty darn doable. Why on earth would anybody want to do that?

LanierSpots

I have been to the new stadium 3 times now. As some of you know, I go to a lot of games and events and have been to a good many of the stadiums.

Overall, the stadium is very nice. There are a lot of good food options, a good many bars for those of us who indulge, plenty of bathrooms and the stadium is very comfortable. There seems to be more up and down ramps/escalators to go from floor to floor. That was a issue at the old Georgia dome.

The events I have attended are 2 football games and just recently, the Monster Jam. The acoustics are bad. I mean they are very bad. At all the events they are bad. I am not sure what can or will be done about it but something needs to happen. Just hearing basic broadcast of the loud speaker is pretty bad.

The skywalk is soemwhat over rated. Not that big of a deal. Yes its different but nothing to write home about. Food is a huge upgrade and its nice not to get bent over just buying a bottle of water. $2 a bottle....

Id like to go to the Kenny Chesney concert this month but no way I would spend that kind of bread on a concert there. Not until they can get the sound fixed.