excellent

Those who oppose such a bill, like the NYC Police chief continue to push false narratives about it. They use states allowing constitutional carry (concealed) as examples of what might "occur". They completely pass over the facts. The facts are that in those states there are still other parameters for the residents to attain "permitted" concealed carry.

Permitted concealed carry is what the bill covers and what it is about. While some feel they should not need a "permit" to carry (and I do understand that perceived feeling) finally getting reciprocity for all states' permits is still a HUGE step in the right direction.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I am a fan of state's rights, but the second amendment's "shall not be infringed" supercedes any and all state laws in this context. The tenth amendment doesn't apply to rights that are enumerated in the Constitution.

Pass it, please.

Bowyer29

I am a fan of state's rights, but the second amendment's "shall not be infringed" supercedes any and all state laws in this context. The tenth amendment doesn't apply to rights that are enumerated in the Constitution.

Pass it, please.

Correct!

California ..... does not conform

The state known for the strictest gun laws is California.

In California, all firearms sales, transfers, including private transactions and sales at gun shows, must go through a California licensed firearms dealer.

California also has no provision in its state constitution that explicitly guarantees an individual the right to keep and bear arms.

https://www.deseretnews.com/top/1428/0/10-states-with-the-strictest-gun-laws.html

s&r

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The state known for the strictest gun laws is California.

In California, all firearms sales, transfers, including private transactions and sales at gun shows, must go through a California licensed firearms dealer.

California also has no provision in its state constitution that explicitly guarantees an individual the right to keep and bear arms.

https://www.deseretnews.com/top/1428/0/10-states-with-the-strictest-gun-laws.html

s&r

The US Constitution supersedes the California constitution. The states only have power over things that are not listed in the federal Constitution. Georgia can't make a law banning free speech or practice of religion, so I don't see how Cali gets away with their unconstitutional gun laws.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Cyrus Vance: The goal is, of the gun lobby, to have what they call Constitutional Carry, which means that you-- anyone can have a gun, anywhere, anytime. Because the Constitution, and the Second Amendment, in their view, says that. And so the world that they imagine is one where everyone can have a gun. That's not the world that I think I wanna live in. But that's the world that I think they're tryin' to create.

No Mr. Vance. It's the world we are going to restore, not create you moron.

Nimrod71

The residents of California and New York want to live under their laws that is why they have them. Those people are not like us. They are herd people, they like living close they belive in safty in numbers you know like wilda beast in Africa, the lions only get the slow and sick. Call 911 and the law will be there in and instant to protect you. I don't believe in going where I am not wanted. They don't want me there with my guns, I just want go. I will spend my money somewhere else.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The residents of California and New York want to live under their laws that is why they have them. Those people are not like us. They are herd people, they like living close they belive in safty in numbers you know like wilda beast in Africa, the lions only get the slow and sick. Call 911 and the law will be there in and instant to protect you. I don't believe in going where I am not wanted. They don't want me there with my guns, I just want go. I will spend my money somewhere else.

The point is that they are still part of the United States, and should be under the same Bill of Rights as the rest of the country. What happens when you have to go through one of those states to get to another state that isn't like that? For example, if you wanted to go to Maine hunting or fishing, you have to go through that commie bloc of NY, MA, and CT.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The point is that they are still part of the United States, and should be under the same Bill of Rights as the rest of the country. What happens when you have to go through one of those states to get to another state that isn't like that? For example, if you wanted to go to Maine hunting or fishing, you have to go through that commie bloc of NY, MA, and CT.

What he said. The Constitution applies to all 50 states. The RTKBA is a stipulated right in the Constitution and the statement "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" is an absolute imperative, not a suggestion and no state can override it because the Constn is superior to state law.

We fought us a civil war over the principle of Constitutional superiority. Maybe it's time we fought another one.

ryanh487

I have mixed feelings about this bill.

while I agree that my permit should be valid in all 50 states (and even moreso that nobody should require a permit at all), the feds dipping their toes into this pool could go sideways very quickly. I'd rather not see federal standards for a permit go into place in the future, and most definitely not federal approvals or fees.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I have mixed feelings about this bill.

while I agree that my permit should be valid in all 50 states (and even moreso that nobody should require a permit at all), the feds dipping their toes into this pool could go sideways very quickly.

That risk is always there. Getting this bill passed is a good first step. The next step is Constitutional Carry - no permit required.;)